Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit platform support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I'm sorry since you seemed to think the other guy was the only one whom wanted it... But, this was my biggest suggestion during that contest, was that you add the ability for Facebook Publishing / Creation to this AppGameKit setup... Seriously, I think since GLBasic Already has Mac / iPod / iPad / Linux / GP2X / other Handhelds and of course PC / Windows Development covered, I think in order for this thing to have the impact that you want / need it to have, you should seriously think about adding the Facebook Game Development, to make it a snap to create online multiplayer games for the Facebook platforms, now it's a given that we / meaning anyone wanting to target the Facebook platform, will need a website / server with all the backend needed things such as the Database, and PHP / C++ Backend connections enabled along with a webpage setup for the callbacks to facebook, but I think that if you guys can figure out how to make the game creation part of it, and how to have it automate the php code needed to connect to the php backend and how to make it talk back and forth with Facebook like it should for things like hi-scores, friendlists, etc.. I think then this AppGameKit would be a MUST-HAVE for every developer worth his salt... Like think about either making or integrating your own Facebook library for things like the friends list, or scoring or Database callbacks / facebook callbacks necessary to keep the connection alive, etc.. I know that there is a very good version of this created for haXe, which is Multi-language and Multi-system capable from the start, and is open-source, and hence free, and with just the addition of some scripts can be used to tailor make any and all targets including: Flash SWF files, C++ Code either source level or compiled code, PHP, Perl, Python, Action Script 3, HTML, .Net, Etc.. I hope you get the idea...

Don't get me wrong I do NOT want to spam / advertise any other system, period, as I Do and Always Have love everything that TGC / and it's plugin developers Create! The Tools are top notch, DBpro is too Sweet for words, and DarkGDK/.net is Great! Although the lack of updates as of late has left me alot to desire, but... I do NOT want to see TGC bring out a product that is NOT going to be all that it can be, whoa, that sounded too much like an Army advertisement.. hehehe

But my point is this, if you can add things like Facebook support / maybe even target the Game Maker Browser Plugins as well as support different platforms like mac, linux, handhelds, and windows, I think you guys will / can be pulling down some serious money in registrations.. and it is a market that is wide open, as Zynga is playing their FB Development close to their vests, so as NOT to have any real / Good competition from developers with better ideas / better grafx capabilities such as people who can create mind blowing rendered images of their 3D Characters / items etc.. even if the games are only 2D, they can still look awesome, and the gameplay / concepts I know I have a few games that are FB worthy for sure, which are on backburner do to work on my latest 3D 3rd person shooter for kids, and also as I research the best / easiest way to get my 3 other games done and working on the FB Platform the easiest, fastest, best way, but that is easier said than done, since their are very few developers who figure it out, that are willing to help others, and give their secrets away...

Anyways, this is just my humble opinion, I hope you like the idea, if NOT, feel free to lock it, delete it, and if that is the case just know that I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, or insult you guys in any way whatsoever..

Thanks for listening,

StOrM3
tymbusku
Years of Service
User Offline
any support for 3d on app gamekit throguh direct3 or opengl ?

can i prograam a game from windosw, and convert it to example, mac osx ?.
i know its only made for programming games, but even with DBP, you can allso make aplications, thats allmost suits any need, allmost, if carefullly programmed, even with windows / dialog boxes, etc.

any support for lets say, gamekit for visual basic (that will be a problems, due to conflict with the windows api and mac osx, which it entirely different!). ?

maybe c++ with appgamekit would be possible in the future ?.

i guess, i`m dreaming for a total solution for a compiler and programmiong language, that will allow truly universal crossplatform with games and aplications, but this has allways been the goal for programmers, the ultimative solutions and archivement.

just look at internet programming today, designing website, how many language do you have to learn ?, alot, hmtl, css, javascript, vbscript,ajax, xml,php,mysql,sql ,perhaps asp..............

i can just imageing, how complex it would be, to develop app gaemkit, dealing with so many diffrens api, and functions C++ librarys, in each OS. (i bet TGC took the DBP core engine and used it in app game kitt!. ?.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 03:00 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2018 03:34
1>We have been able to publish games to facebook since java. There is some difficulties as you have to get a unique key etc off facebook
and have a webpage that uses a SSL layer or facebook wont aprove it but there is heaps on the forums about how people have done this. And there
is code that facebook give you that needs to be added to your program

2> both Android and Mac always has been supported but to keep by the rules of the appstore you can only publish by a mac to upload to
use there store. Apple made that rule. If TGC supported jail broken devices which would be required otherwise, they risk losing any contract and licencing
they have with Apple.

3>Android tablets are supported already you just need to download that version as some of the commands arent supported
in the android version.

4>There are people here already using AppGameKit In Linux

5>Rasberry pi is also supported and available free

6>The latest update allows publishing as a steam ready file for those that found that hard before. But does need code added to your project.
This code you add is different for every use for example you may want the highscores saved to the steam page you have bought for the app or you
may not. The latest update also allows setting to 32bit or 64 bit executables.

7>They do regular updates one was released yesterday. They do take some time to create but I think Paul does a fantastic job with them.

8>not only is tier1 and tier2 available to both types of users but there is now a c# version

I encourage some searching of the forums because everything you ask for is already there and if its not as people may wish there is a good reason
fubar
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2018 17:03
Quote: " was that you add the ability for Facebook Publishing / Creation to this AppGameKit setup"

Facebook using only web games in html 5 and html 5 behave different in all browsers, say MS IE,Edge,Firefox,Safari,Opera.
i not care html games because its build on sand, the feature that works in firefox did not work in Safari or the user update the browser and the game is broken.
supporting a monopoly company like facebook is also shady / doubtful.

by biggest wish is that software get independent from hardware so that we can really use code once.
something like agk player for all apps and games running at all operating systems or better a hardware independent os.

in future software must be split into modular parts so the user (also a software developer) can build up his own system in visual design. (it avoid 100000 x double effort)
i believe in a shop system where user can buy only parts as example, barcode reader, take photo, table view, gamepad input, share data
AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : NVIDIA (390.65) GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 15:56 Edited at: 26th Jun 2018 16:01
Quote: "in future software must be split into modular parts so the user (also a software developer) can build up his own system in visual design. (it avoid 100000 x double effort)
i believe in a shop system where user can buy only parts as example, barcode reader, take photo, table view, gamepad input, share data"

I hope it never goes down that route. That's when you start seeing prices like $200-300 to use AdMob in your app. A market place for user generated code and templates is fine, although I get a bit funny about using someone else's large block of code in my app. It's like it's not 100% my app anymore. And we generally all code differently so it stands out.

I'm not against monthly/yearly subscriptions to use AppGameKit though if that brought in more money for TGC to recruit more developers to work on AppGameKit and it's updates.
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 19:30
I would like to see a pay per functionality. Let's say 'Adding UDP networking' is a functionality that costs 3K to add. Let people pay for it in a crowdfunding way, the faster people pledge, the faster Paul will start working on it.
Ofcourse you can only pledge for the next development phase (adding UDP could take 1 week of work, e.g.)
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2018 12:37
Quote: "I hope it never goes down that route."

with a "plug and play" system you have rapid development, Company's save money at development costs.
it did not prevent that you can developing the same task again and again as you like.
with my idea in mind you can also exchange components easy, so you can choose the best Modul for your app.
my idea is not to share code moduls, its more a binary file that you can connect to others with a special ide in visual design. (similar blueprints in unreal engine, but there are only functions combined)
this system reuse your own work and you save time if you can use modul's from other people.

AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : NVIDIA (390.65) GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:46:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:46:51