Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New Advert Consent Commands...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2018 17:12 Edited at: 29th Jun 2018 17:14
I've been trying to get to grips with the new AppGameKit Advert consent commands, but (as always, lol) seem to be having some difficulties.

In the image above, on the left is an example dialogue from Google Admob.
The middle image is the result I get when trying to use the RequestConsentAdMob() command with an iPhone, notice how it seems to only allow the user to select Non-personalised ads; and the right most image is the error message I get when using the same code on Android.

Here is the code I was using to generate the consent dialogue. (I've removed my Admob account details, but the rest of the code is the same)

So I am writing here to ask if anyone else has tried to implement these commands as yet? Have you experienced anything similar to me? (Particularly the Android dialogue).

I opted for creating a custom dialogue box myself, and using the OverrideConsentAdMob() command to set the value;

Thanks in advance

=PRoF=
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2018 17:59
The publisher ID for LoadConsentStatusAdMob should be of the form "pub-nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" which identifies your account, the longer version identifies specific ad campaigns. Also you should check the result of GetConsentStatusAdMob is not already equal to 2 before calling RequestConsentAdMob. Otherwise the process looks sound.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
The alert on the left by Google seems more understandable. If the user says "No" then it defaults to non-targeted ads, but if they say "Yes" they consent to targeted ads.

The AppGameKit prompt only allows them to "agree" to what is described as "non-personalized ads" which seems confusing verbiage since the consent is actually for the more relevant/personalized ads. How does the user decline consent in this case, when only an "Agree" button exists?

Quote: " 1 = User has refused consent, any AdMob ads displayed will not use personal information"

I haven't done much relating to this yet and since I'm from the US it doesn't seem very easy to test.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2018 20:34
The AdMob consent dialog in AppGameKit should look like the one on the left, but without the option to pay for an ad free version.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2018 01:16
@Paul Johnston:
Thanks Paul, that makes sense. I'll try that tomorrow.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:23:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:23:07