Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Copy UV and material/textures to another object

Author
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Aug 2018 13:31
@chafari-no problem, shame you/we can't get it to work on retail version. I tried to re-install the original .iso but it won't run on my OS even in compat. mode. Poop to Microsoft. Anyway, it works on DBProEx with the plugins installed and glad you also manage to write your own DBO2X converter. I think I'm starting to regret getting my apps to ignore lightmaps, still have started to make updates but am a new daddy now so don't get much time to do my own development..
If I get the program to work on retail version 7.7 or earlier maybe, I will post here what I did. Not getting my hopes up though.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2018 14:49
@Botr Ok thanks...any way in Dbpro .dbo ist the best file to work with and I have no problem...in differents lenguages that only load .x files I will have to use the trick of two objects...one lightmapped transparent and other with textures...I don't like it at all though.
Cheers
I'm not a grumpy grandpa
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Aug 2018 14:58 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2018 14:59
I need to really update my DBO2X converter, at the moment it reads in DBO's and generates either .OBJ or .X , skinned and non -skinned meshes and also works with single/multi-materials, but I've yet to try it wil lightmaps. will run it see what happens.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:36:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:36:49