Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2018.07.12

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2018 13:40 Edited at: 12th Jul 2018 13:41
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC download area with the following changes

* Fixed missing help text for CreateObjectFromHeightMap command
* Fixed GetSupportedShaderVaryings returning the incorrect value on desktop platforms
* Updated Google Play Services on Android to version 15.0.0
* Updated Android to use Firebase Cloud Messaging instead of Google Cloud Messaging
* Fixed projects containing files outside the current project folder sometimes failing to open those files when the project was closed and re-opened
* Fixed a freeze on some Android devices when continuously loading and deleting OGG music files
* Fixed Android Tier 2 template projects causing a crash when sent to the background whilst in landscape on newer versions of Android
* Fixed a crash when loading .ms3d files on 64-bit versions of Android
* Added AddHTTPHeader and RemoveHTTPHeader commands to add and remove custom headers from HTTP requests
* Fixed GetSpeechNumVoices causing a crash on Android if the speech engine wasn't ready
* Changed the method for Android expansion file downloads to hopefully be more reliable
* Fixed ViewFile, ShareImage, and ShareTextAndImage not working on Android with the new API 26 target
* Added GetHTTPStatusCode command to return the response status from the server
* Fixed HTTP downloads on iOS sometimes showing progress as 0% even when the download is working
* Added code to Mac apps to detect window focus lost/gained through GetPaused and GetResumed

If you are using Push Notifications on Android then you must now transition to Firebase Cloud Messaging, you can read about the new setup process here. iOS push notifications are unchanged.

Let me know if you have any problems.
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot! great update
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great - Love the support AppGameKit is receiving! Keep it up guys!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Jul 2018 19:42
Thanks Paul
fubar
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2018 07:50
Another fantastic update! Thanks Paul and TGC.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2018 14:27
Thanks Paul!
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2018 20:56
Paul Johnston wrote: "Added AddHTTPHeader and RemoveHTTPHeader commands to add and remove custom headers from HTTP requests"

thank you!
error #1:
'too many stars, too many stares. disembody.'
Lone Star Dive: NOVGO!
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 20:57
Thanks for all the work.

Quote: "Fixed Android Tier 2 template projects causing a crash when sent to the background whilst in landscape on newer versions of Android"

My game is Android Tier 2 in landscape and I never had this issue with the previous version crashing when going to the background. I have tested on Android 7 and 8. I not sure if I should update my current release. Was it caused by a certain command?

Thanks Parry

Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2018 20:58
As always the updates are much appreciated. Thanks
Regards Sph!nx
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
It still fails...

Remember the thread?
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi paul

It still fails...

thread:
I still get the same android error 7.0(NRD90M)

Perhaps something else is failing, I don't know
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2018 15:38
Quote: "My game is Android Tier 2 in landscape and I never had this issue with the previous version crashing when going to the background"

The problem only manifested on the Android P beta, not sure if it was an isolated event or if it would be fixed before release, but it was easy to trap so we now handle it gracefully.

Quote: "It still fails...

Remember the thread?
"

If the thread is still active then please post in that thread, it is difficult to have a back and fourth discussion in a version release thread. But I will probably need to see a bug report from the device.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2018 03:23 Edited at: 17th Jul 2018 07:25
@Paul, (Edit - Disregard this first question; I see now that the Amazon/Ouya APK exports are still set to API 15 but Android for Google Play is correctly API 26 - is there any reason Amazon can't also use target API 26?)

When uploading an AGK-generated APK to Google Play using 2017.07.12, it still notes API 15 for the target SDK.

Also, GetConsentStatusAdMob() is always returning -1 even when it is the first command called before consent is even requested. Tested on iPad 3, Kindle HDX and iPhone 6+. According to the docs this should be returning 2 if in a non-EU origin.

I'm still finding oddities in my own testing with Chartboost. Like without calling consent no ads are ever loaded, but calling OverrideConsentChartboost(1) wound up loading both interstitial and rewarded while OverrideConsentChartboost(2) also did not show any. (Using test mode in Chartboost).
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2018 15:18
Quote: "is there any reason Amazon can't also use target API 26?"

As far as I'm aware there is no advantage in increasing the API target on Amazon, and increasing it has a non-zero chance of breaking something.

Quote: "Also, GetConsentStatusAdMob() is always returning -1 even when it is the first command called before consent is even requested"

The first command should be LoadConsentStatusAdMob

Quote: "I'm still finding oddities in my own testing with Chartboost"

Please start a separate thread so we can discuss it, and see if anyone else is having issues
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2018 22:32 Edited at: 17th Jul 2018 22:35
Quote: " The first command should be LoadConsentStatusAdMob"

You are right I missed that - now it is working as expected. Do you know if we have to reinitialize Admob (SetAdmobDetails) after this value has updated from a negative number, or will the setting apply automatically to future ad requests from the already initialized service?

Regarding Chartboost I think I'll just wait on that for awhile. I did write to Chartboost directly about the lack of non-personalized ads and they likewise stated:

Quote: "With SDK 7.2.0, ad requests that come with restrictDataCollection=YES, we will not process that user’s IP address or device information. This will result in that user not receiving an ad.

For restrictDataCollection=NO the user’s IP address and device information will be processed and therefore that user will be shown an ad.
In the future we are working towards creating a solution which aligns with GDPR requirements and still fills and ad when it is requested."

So hopefully they will have an improved SDK that can be worked into AppGameKit at some point to still allow ads even without consent.

---

(Just thinking out loud - but since the retrieved Admob consent will default to "2" in unaffected areas... If we never manually call RequestAdmobConsent in the app but the retrieved consent still reads "2", it seems we could then safely set Chartboost to personalized. Basically, sticking to the non-personalized defaults in all instances except where Admob consent reads "2" right off the bat in an app that we never manually requested consent. But I guess this is sort of a gray area of confusion.)
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Right click copy and paste doesn't seem to be working on Ubuntu 18.04.
VoidMorrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2018 05:26
[quote=]* Added AddHTTPHeader and RemoveHTTPHeader commands to add and remove custom headers from HTTP requests

Arigatou good sir!
Alex_2015
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 21:45 Edited at: 26th Jul 2018 21:47
How to switch IDE back to English?

Not sure if it came with this update or one of the previous, but I noticed that IDE's menues now are translated into local language (russian in my case).
I really appreciate that effort, whether it was done by TGC or Geany team. But the translation itself is terrible, to be honest
The problem is that I am not able to find the way to switch everything back to English. Can anybody help with that?
Alex_2015
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2018 20:39
c0d3r9, Thank You very much, my friend!
Your solution worked
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2018 20:00 Edited at: 9th Aug 2018 20:01
Getting these errors when building the template_ios in Xcode 9.4.1:
Quote: "

Showing Recent Errors Only
Ld /Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/AGK\ 2\ Template normal x86_64
cd /Users/michaelhartlef/Desktop/AGKProjTier2/apps/template_ios
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=7.0
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch x86_64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.4.sdk -L/Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Products/Debug -L../../platform/apple/Lib/Release -F/Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Products/Debug -F../../platform/apple/Source/Social\ Plugins -F../../platform/apple/Source/Social\ Plugins/FacebookSDK -F../../platform/apple/Source/Social\ Plugins/Firebase -filelist /Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/AGK\ 2\ Template.LinkFileList -mios-simulator-version-min=7.0 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/AGK\ 2\ Template_lto.o -Xlinker -no_deduplicate -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -fobjc-link-runtime -stdlib=libc++ -ObjC -Xlinker -sectcreate -Xlinker __TEXT -Xlinker __entitlements -Xlinker /Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/agk_interpreter.build/AGK\ 2\ Template.app-Simulated.xcent -framework JavaScriptCore -framework SafariServices -framework PersonalizedAdConsent -framework WebKit -weak_framework ARKit -weak_framework WatchConnectivity -weak_framework ReplayKit -framework MobileCoreServices -framework GLKit -lsqlite3 -framework CoreVideo -framework EventKitUI -framework EventKit -framework nanopb -framework CoreTelephony -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMotion -framework FacebookSDK -weak_framework GameKit -weak_framework AdSupport -framework GoogleToolboxForMac -weak_framework StoreKit -framework Chartboost -framework FirebaseInstanceID -framework CoreMedia -framework MediaPlayer -framework SystemConfiguration -framework MessageUI -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework FirebaseNanoPB -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework GoogleMobileAds -framework FirebaseAnalytics -framework CoreGraphics -framework AVFoundation -framework AmazonAd -framework OpenAL -framework FirebaseCoreDiagnostics -framework AudioToolbox -framework FirebaseCore -lAGKiOS -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/AGK\ 2\ Template_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/michaelhartlef/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-dnfvphmoadtiixggeooqodvrjvjn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/agkinterpreter.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/agk_interpreter.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/AGK\ 2\ Template

ld: warning: ignoring file ../../platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/PersonalizedAdConsent.framework/PersonalizedAdConsent, missing required architecture x86_64 in file ../../platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/PersonalizedAdConsent.framework/PersonalizedAdConsent (2 slices)
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_PACConsentForm", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libAGKiOS.a(SocialPlugins.o)
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_PACConsentInformation", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libAGKiOS.a(SocialPlugins.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

"

No changes were made. Is the template broken or do I have to do anything?
Cerberus X -> AppGameKit Tier 2. Code in a BASIC like language with OOP abilities and use the AppGameKit API. Best of both worlds.
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx for iOS!
iMac Book Pro, MacOS 10.12.4, Xcode 9.0.1;
iPhone 6, iOS 9.35; iPhone 5s, iOS 9.35; iPad (3rd gen), iOS 9.35;

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2017;
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2018 15:38
Quote: "Getting these errors when building the template_ios in Xcode 9.4.1"

PACConsentForm is part of the PersonalisedAdConsent framework, which I may have forgotten to add it to the Tier 2 template project before the last release. You can find it in the "platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins" folder, adding it to the project should fix the problem. It also comes with a .bundle file that needs to be added to the resources section of the project.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2018 21:37
Your PHP Android push notification function is missing a closing squiggly bracket

https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/push_notifications_android.htm
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2018 23:16 Edited at: 13th Aug 2018 23:17
I've updated the notifications using the code in the guide but I'm getting this error:

{"multicast_id":XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,"success":0,"failure":1,"canonical_ids":0,"results": [{"error":"MismatchSenderId"}]}

Where do we put the SenderID now that you've removed/deactivated SetPushNotificationKeys("XXXXXXXX", "")
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
GetShadowPolygonDrawn() always reports zero for me on Windows 10.
Cerberus X -> AppGameKit Tier 2. Code in a BASIC like language with OOP abilities and use the AppGameKit API. Best of both worlds.
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 16:37 Edited at: 24th Aug 2018 18:29
Bug Report: Android compile doesn't work anymore.
I tested on version from May (works) , June (works) and July (doesn't).

The main difference is that during the compile in the July version 1 file is not created: resources.arsc.

Without this file, the apk will not work.

Paul,
I'm sure this is easily fixed

Thanks,
James
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 19:11
Can anyone confirm they have an Android Amazon Template running?

I had my game running from Android Studio on a kindle fire with version v2017.12.12 but have had problems with v2018.04.12 and v2018.07.12.

I can compile the libs and it installs but when it runs I nothing happens and it exits, can't find any error messages etc.

Just tested v2017.12.12 amazon template again and that works, would be nice to know if anyone else has tried these latest agk versions?

Dark Dynamix & Dark Imposters - Now Free
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2018 19:26
Sounds like the same problem I have.
Can you open up the APK package (it is actually a ZIP file, so rename it to ZIP and open it) and see if the resources.arsc file is in the main directory. (it should be on top level of the directory structure)
It is probably missing and then the app crashes.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2018 16:18
Hi Abiz, I am running straight to device so not sure if I get an APK locally. But I checked a build I did a couple of months back and it does have resources.arsc despite it having issue I describe.

Dark Dynamix & Dark Imposters - Now Free
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
I found a small problem, in the Linux 64bit version,if i try select copy with the mouse, text from anywhere, then try to RB/paste within the AppGameKit editor,it does nothing, however control+c then control+v still works.
Hail to the king, baby!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:49:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:49:02