Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Bug with setting UV scale on mesh textures?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 17:49
Hey.

So fairly certain this is a bug, but AppGameKit doesn;t seem to work with setting UV scale for anyhting other than texture stage 0? So if you apply 3 textures to an object, let's say stages 0,1 and 2, then set the meshUV scale for stages 1 and 2 nothing happens. If you set them for stage 0 it changes ALL the texture stages.

Not the first time I noticed this but it does seem to be how it works. I know we can override this in a shader, but is this functionality broken?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 18:58
The UV scaling commands only apply to the UV stages, rather than the individual textures. So if you have 3 textures but only one set of UV coordinates then the UV scaling applies to the UV coordinates which is then used by all three textures. To get the textures to use different UV scales you could either add three sets of UV coordinates to the model, or use a shader that multiplies the single UV coordinate by three separate scale values, and uses one for each texture.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2018 14:25
Thanks Paul.

I think the easiest thing for me then is to fix it in the shader then.

Ta.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:45:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:45:29