Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] How to stop processing until an animation completes?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Let's say you want to do an elaborate animation, but you don't want anything else processing while the animation is going on - thinking when you kill a creature the animation is a bit more elaborate.

I can only think of adding a global "switch" and an if statement in the main loop. Do you guys think there is a better way?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2018 00:58
I set up an animation handler, in which I manually calculate and set the active frame which also let's me control follow up animations and callback functions to execute when the animation ends
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
GetTweenSpritePlaying / GetTweenObjectPlaying maybe?
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2018 08:43 Edited at: 25th Jul 2018 08:43
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
A little extreme but you could lock it in a while loop;

Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly what I wanted Supertino. I always forget the power of repeat and while. I wanted something like the kill scenes in Mortal Kombat, God of War, etc. where everything stops until the animation completes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:56:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:56:57