Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Unable to sign in to Google Play Games again

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2018 14:58
Hey guys,

I'm having problems with Google Play...again

In order to communicate with the Google Play API, I have to provide the SHA-1 certificate fingerprint of my app.
This fingerprint changes with each new release.
In the past, I got this fingerprint somewhere under Release Management in the Google Play Console...if I remember correctly. But I can't find it anymore.

They seem to have made some changes. It should be under Release Management - App signing now, right? But it seems I need to upload a Private Key first?

I uploaded a screenshot that shows what happens when I click on App signing.

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2018 17:53
Okay,

I found the issue.
App signing is a completely different topic.
My Google Play Games Profile was buggy. I deleted it and created a new one, and everything works fine.

Strange thing is, this happened before, about 1.5 years. Same issue.
Everything was set up right, and I couldn't sign in to Google Play Games with my app. All other games in the Play Store worked just fine.
After I deleted and re-created my profile, it worked again.

Could that be a possible bug in AppGameKit?

PSY LABS Games
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2019 19:07
I'm back to the point where I can't connect to Google Game Center.

This time, deleting my Google Play Games Profile and creating a new one is pointless.
I can login with my Google Play Profile into any other game in the store, but not into Space Haze.
I don't get an error message. The game tries to connect to Google Play Games, and nothing happens.

Has anyone a solution to this?
Could someone please download and test Space Haze, and check whether or not they are able to connect to Google Play, so I can rule out the possibility that it's a software problem on my smartphone?

Would be very much appreciated.
I really hate Google Play meanwhile.
Put more time into getting it to work than into creating the game

PSY LABS Games
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2019 08:15
Fixed it 20 minutes ago.
It's still very weird, and shows how inconsistent the whole Google Play system can be sometimes.
Tons of people had similar issues using the Google API.

In my case, the issue was more or less like this:
1. When I created the first iteration of Space Haze, I made a mistake somewhere along the line, and Autho0/Credentials/SHA1/Linked Apps combo was somehow messed up, probably because I might have created a new client ID for my game from the Google API console, which is apparently a no-go, although you can do it.
Google says the following about that issue:
"Warning: Do not create new client IDs for your game from the Google API Console. If you do so, Google Play games services will not associate your game settings with the client ID, and this could cause errors during gameplay."
2. Some hours later, I set up a new LINK in the Game Services Tab ( you can't delete old links. DOH ) and RENAMED the old one. ( I chatted with the Google tec team several times, but they didn't know crap and couldnt do shit ).
3. I somehow managed to delete all the crap in the Googe DEV console that didnt work and that I wasnt supposed to be able to delete. DOH again....
4. Before they revamped Google Play DEV console, SHA fingerprints changed with each new version you uploaded, and you had to use the same fingerprint in the game services AND in the app package credentials. Or whatever the name is. Which was no problem, you could have it displayed in game services tab and copy/paste it.
5. Achievements worked fine at some point. Leaderboard didnt. Couldnt find the problem, but the Leaderboard was of little concern to me. I ignored it.
6. After the revamp, I occasionally updated Space Haze, and the achievements sitll worked, although I didn't change the SHA1 anymore ( because it wasnt possible to have it displayed in game services anymore ).
7. Google+ died, TGC updated the Google API, I updated Space Haze with the new API commands and uploaded it. Achievements didnt work anymore.
8. Tried everything as described in the previous post, nothing.
9. So I used the Java keystore tool to generate a new SHA1 fingerprint and replace the old fingerprint in the credentials with the new one I just generated ( for the first time ).
10. No way, The fingerprint you specified is already used by an Android OAuth2 client ID in this project or another project. Crap ^^
11. Somewhere DEEP in the Google Cloud Platform, I found remains of my first Space Haze Project. Checked the fingerprint, it was the same I just generated.
12. Set it to 00:00:00:00................
13. Repeated Step 9 ---- > SUCCESS. Could replace the SHA1 fingerprint.
14. Unpublished app, unpublished game services, republished game services, republished app ( in that order )
15. Reinstalled Space Haze, created new Play Games profile
16. ACHIEVEMENTS WORK, LEADERBOARD WORKS FOR THE FIRST TIME
17. Open Beer

PSY LABS Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:45:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:45:14