Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] alternate edit box size changes on different res devices.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2018 13:21 Edited at: 28th Jul 2018 13:23
When using the alternate edit box (which is a 2nd edit box that pops up if an edit box is hidden by the virtual keyboard (which also has a bug, reported in a different thread)), the alternate edit box size changes depending on the device resolution rather than use the define virtual resolution. This makes it unusable on certain devices. For example, in the attached pic, the old Galaxy S2 works fine with the alternate edit box size, nice big pop-up edit box with clearly readable text. The HTC is a higher resolution screen and the edit box that pops up is too small but still readable. However, the Google Pixel 2 has a higher resolution again, and the pop-up edit box is tiny with barely readable text.

We either need a new command to allow us to set the size of the alternate edit box, or it needs to base its default size on the virtual resolution set so it looks the same on each device.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2018 15:14
Thanks, fixed for the next version
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG thank you for fixing this! Looking forward to it. It's exactly why I just came to the forum. I have a Pixel 1 and it's still very small. I wish there was a way to just make that edit box attached to the system keyboard like every other program out there.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2018 21:56
Excellent! Thanks Paul. Looking forward to the next version.
Icerion
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm new here & would like to know when the next release is. Thank You!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:32:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:32:23