Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Placement editor - why did you stop updating this tool?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2018 20:59 Edited at: 29th Jul 2018 23:27
I found Placement editor super useful, it needs a few features to be "completed".

My thoughts:

1. I would like to see a Placement editor button inside AppGameKit instead diving into installation folders. Of course I can create a shortcut, but I think this should be part of AppGameKit interface.

2. I am not sure that I understand how coordinate numbers works in editor - the x and y of sprites are showing 0 on weird positions (somewhere close to upper left corner). Grid snapping and size changing is really awesome, I love it!

3. Remove the joystick for workspace panning and using the Space key + mouse click instead. Zoom option is missing.

4. Entity properties to be accessed by mouse double click - clicking Information button is tedious.

5. Import button. Locate sprite anywhere on disk and editor to make a copy in the media folder, when they can't be placed in random folders.

6. Making folders and subfolders in the media bar for better organization.

7. Option to create more than one level inside the editor (multiple tabs or however)

8. Free transform option. (I am aware of numerical ones) Scale icon is cool but it's uniform only. Would be nice to have something like free transform option in photoshop.

I really don't see the reason for paying 50 bucks for visual editor dlc when you can update this cool and quite functional tool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:54:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:54:15