Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / A Model viewer project (Maybe something for our shader experts) (like Anatomy 360)

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2018 00:31 Edited at: 30th Jul 2018 00:36
Hello AppGameKit users,

today I found

Anatomy 360
http://anatomy360.info/anatomy360-demo/

Light examples

I downloaded the demo and like I thought, it was made with Unity. I like the light very much. I know, some of the realism cames from the high polycount models and maybe also from there great texture work, but some also came from the light and the shadows.
So my question is, how to start, to get these results in AppGameKit?

I guess with a normal map shader, and two lights. I don't know, how the shadow could be done and if 3 textures would be enough.
And after that, the post-processing would be nice. To shift some colours.

Would it be possible, to get these results with DX9 / OpenGL ES 2.0 or only with DX11 / OpenGL ES 3.x / Vulkan?

Maybe this could became a community project, where we load some Game Guru or Dark Basic / FPS Creator (Classic) models and or enhanced versions of the textures or so.
To get those results on Raspberry Pi would be fantastic or on Android 4.1, but getting such lighting somehow on AppGameKit would be a sensation.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2018 00:34
I hate demos - they are more for pay this much and we can give you

Im sure can create something similar for free
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2018 00:39 Edited at: 30th Jul 2018 00:42
@puzzler2018

The Demo is with full function. I guess, the selling point are the "models" and "poses". So the viewer would be everytime the same unity core, but with other models included.
The idea behind the program is, to be able to draw from these visuals. So it's like "Poser" / DAZ 3D, but simpler, and the poses are static in the objects.

To have this light (light options) in an own AppGameKit game would be very nice.
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Maybe this could became a community project, where we load some Game Guru or Dark Basic / FPS Creator (Classic) models and or enhanced versions of the textures or so."

I have tried exporting from Game Guru, a tedious process which which requires you to define 5 different directories. I did get a truckload of stuff, a total of 12 GB! However, the quality didn't seem all that great. Not that its bad, far from it, but it's still not something you want to scrutinize up close.

But maybe it would be possible to export the shaders from Game Guru? Its looks like there's stuff like PBR, HLSL and FXAA-CV-LS shaders, and some of it looks really nice. (I would try exporting the shaders myself. Only, I'm to much of a shader newbie to be up for the task)
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2018 12:36 Edited at: 30th Jul 2018 12:41
It sure is possible, but its also a lot of work creating those high poly models and high resolution textures.
PBR shader slapped on a skull

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2018 18:30 Edited at: 30th Jul 2018 18:55
@janbo

looks really nice. I am thinking of creating high-poly models, taking a lot of pictures and using photogrametry. I am also thinking of releasing it for free in some way for the AppGameKit community.
When in 2016 The Game Creators announced to make FPSC Classic free and also a lot of there modelpacks, I started working on converting the models. A lot of the models are for these days "low poly", but would be great for mobile.
I also thoúght about re-painting or re-imaginating the textures.

For two reasons:
1 - more consistent texture style, resolution
2 - als PBR

The style in the first place would be more like Super Mario Odyssee or todays Fortnite, more like cartoons. To save space, and now need for material shaders
And the idea for it was / is, to have about 1.000 objects with textures in about 64 MB space for mobile apps and or for mobile AGK.

The other thing is, to be able to use a game for the OUYA also as an editor. And make something visualy impressive. AppGameKit has a little footprint in comparism to Unreal / Unity when they are installed in the first place. Also nearly no configuration needed. And the only easy to use engine, working on Raspberry Pi (somehow, didn't get the games to work by now)
So here are the idea:

- GUI system
- 1000 low-poly model loader
- some lighting
- some pre-build scripts

for:

good looking, good performance, not very complex scenes / maybe little games with templates.

There are also a "problem" with the animations. The animation system is very restriced and the models are not easy to use in combination. I am talking of the FPSC Classic and some of the GameGuru models.
They are also very large, if you need only a Zombie maybe with three animations in an adventure game, because the Zombie talks to you or so.

Facial animations are also not so easy in AppGameKit with the GameGuru / FPSC Classic models, so there we would need a kind of deform-able-universal model like it is in Poser / DAZ 3D or so.
Another thing would be, to be able to create in MyWorld some things and use it in AppGameKit, but ... hey that would be another complex tool.

So lets start somewhere.

@janbo,

would you show us, how you have done your scene?
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2018 19:37 Edited at: 30th Jul 2018 19:50
Eh, depends on your skill set,
It is either not much, because I slapped my PBR shader on a model with diffuse,roughness,metallic, and AO textures
Or its hard because you need to write a PBR shader... I didn't came up with it of course, like most of the time, anyhow you have to know what you are doing...

I just think PBR doesn't fit to AppGameKit, and you can create beautiful scenes with the classic lighting model too.
Ofcourse it's the creators decision and I can probably add the shader to my pack for free, but the attenuation won't match ect, and it's pretty performance hungry.
You have a MP
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2018 09:35
Let's maybe setup a good light for a AppGameKit tutorial or introduction.

basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Good video, thanks! People seldom appreciate just how much craftsmanship it takes to create something low-brow such as sit-coms.

Regarding lightning, the possibilities are currently somewhat limited in AGK. But I feel that you can come a long way with a combination of sun, ambient, fog and point lights. The really important thing is that you set up a system to fine-tune the values inside the game, instead of just "guessing" the values.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:26:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:26:00