Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG?] GetLastChar() does not work on Android/IOS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2018 09:35
In the example below GetLastChar() returns values on desktop but nothing on IOS or Android.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2018 15:17
This is due to the device keyboard only being active during text input on those platforms, key presses are captured by edit boxes, and since the keyboard isn't visible without an edit box then the key commands won't report anything.
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 08:51
I do call StartTextInput() in the example, are you saving even with the onscreen keyboard visable GetLastChar() wont return values? Ultimatly I want to capture the key press before its sent to the editbox so I can exclude certain characters from being entered, from what you say sounds like thats not possible. I can look at the last character once its in the edit box and remove it but that has the affect of briefly showing the character for a frame or two.

I am sure I can find another method but was hoping GetLastChar() would be the easy method,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:22:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:22:36