Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Saving data from AGK2 HTML5 program

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 11:47 Edited at: 15th Aug 2018 11:48
I'm working on an online volunteer signup form, and I would like to use AGK2.

Given this:

Can anyone suggest how I can save the data from my program?

My requirement include a username and password to complete the form, and being able to save a list of events and jobs that the user has signed up for.

TIA for any comments or suggestions. I know there are some free online signup forms out there, but I want to use AGK2 if possible.

Rich

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 12:50
Without the network stuff you can't access any database on your server where your AppGameKit HTML app sits. You wouldn't be able to do the username and password but you might be able get away with using the OpenBrowser command and mailto and have the data emailed to you if it doesn't contain personal data? The user would need to send the mail from their mail client. It's a bit rubbish but without network commands I'm not sure what your other options are.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 17:05
@Kevin - yah, I'm just grasping at straws on this one. Maybe I can just write the form in html/css and use AGK2 to suck the form results off the server and go from there.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2018 13:30
The HTTP commands can be used to communicate with a server from an HTML5 app

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:21:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:21:31