Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GoDaddy SSL Certificates and AGK on Android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2018 13:38 Edited at: 16th Aug 2018 13:46
Hi

I've asked this question before and didn't really get anywhere other than deciding to get the money refunded for the certificates I purchased from them and try another host and use LetsEncrypt (which worked)

I've recently tried the GoDaddy certificates again as they're just more convenient for me to work with but I'm experiencing the same problem. The certificates are set up fine and can access https in the browsers across devices, and can also access https via an AppGameKit app on all devices, except Android.

Before I give up once again and get it refunded is anyone able to try this simple script on their Android device via the AppGameKit Player to see if it works please?

If I change the value to 0 in SetHTTPHost it works ok.

The above code works fine on my MacBook, and fine on my iOS device. It's just Android (or at least my Android) although I think I may have had a different Android device when I tried it previously.
_Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
I wonder if the Android side is different in that it only looks at the primary domain name?. I see that the primary domain name is not chastikeyserver.com although it is in the list of domains covered by the SSL.
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2018 10:43
Does using;

shed any light on the issue?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2018 13:43
@_Qube_ that's interesting I never thought of that. I don't have anything on the main domain name but I can try that later by putting the same welcome.html page under the main domain name to see if that works.

@Supertino I will see later when home to see what's returned with GetHTTPStatusCode(http)

I did email TGC directly last night hoping that they'd be able to look at it quickly as well.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2018 19:59
It does look like it's got something to do with the domain names being included in the Subject Alternative Names section of the certificate instead of the main domain when it comes to Android and AGK. I did try testing it on the main domain that the certificate is registered in before but that wasn't working either. It turns out that GoDaddy had to install the certificate differently for my old hosting account. AppGameKit now connects and reads the certificate when testing on Android, but only the main domain. It still ignores the domains listed in the SAN section.

I'm happy that it at works, even if I do have to send the data from the app to a different domain. I'll speak to them again tomorrow about getting the main domain name changed to my app one, but for now it's sorted and you were probably right @_Qube_
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 14:16
There is a known bug with the SSL library used by AppGameKit at the moment which causes some certificates not to work on Android.

Paul has already found a fix which we confirmed works internally the other day, so expect that included in the next version.
Windows 10, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2018 12:13
Thank you @Next for looking at it.

I'm going to try and do my best to pull together evidence soon of the notification bug I've found with the latest version and Android (I've not tested iOS) in the hope that it can be sorted in the next version too. I'm hoping it's not a bug though and that I'm doing something wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:10:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:10:15