Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compile Errors in Android Studio and AGK.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 07:52 Edited at: 21st Aug 2018 07:55
So I've recently come to realization that AppGameKit is now the only tool I have at my disposal for making Apps and Games for Android so I attempted to follow along the tutorial for setting up the environment to get things running.
The first time I tried to run my app, It installed but it kept crashing upon start on the phone. Then I figured that the template project that was pre-installed when upon installation of AppGameKit is probably outdated, as it has indeed been nearly a year since I've installed / updated AppGameKit along side the included files.

So I went ahead and re-downloaded the included files from the AppGameKit IDE to get updated project templates and now I get the following errors upon attempting to compile.

I must mention that this is my first interaction with android studio and coding for android using AppGameKit so I have no idea what these compile errors might mean. Up to this point I've been working in C++ AppGameKit games in Visual Studio.
I don't know how relevant the tutorial data is today. It says it's been updated on 25th April 2018 however I was already unable to find the Google Play Billing Library when setting up Android Studio as per the instructions so who knows what else has changed.
As of right now I'm using up to date everything. JDK, NDK and Android studio that were available as of the date of this post.

Thanks for the help.
Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 20:25
I'm not entirely sure if these are errors pertaining to the AppGameKit engine running from Android studio or something in android studio that wasn't set up properly. I tried going over the installation instructions again.

By the looks of the error, it seems to be complaining of a configuration setting using some obsolete functions? Possibly the configuration found at the top right corner next to the green run button... I'm not sure.

Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
The "new" starter guide for Tier 2 covers Android for "starters". This guide helped me get started for Windows apps (using Visual Studio). Then again, I haven't tried it for Android yet and you would have to buy the guide to see if it helps
iMac Book Pro, MacOS 10.12.4, Xcode 9.0.1;
iPhone 6, iOS 9.35; iPhone 5s, iOS 9.35; iPad (3rd gen), iOS 9.35;

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2017;
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2018 14:13
I just tried the template project and it works here, so it maybe that something is different on your machine. The error looks like a long winded way of saying the compilation failed, the key line for me is
Quote: "Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details"

which suggests there may be more information in one of the other tabs.
spasski
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2018 17:00 Edited at: 12th Oct 2018 17:03
Hi,

I think I had the same issue after I completely (had to ) have reset my PC and have installed the latest Android Studio. The details from the error:

I did a search on package com.google.android.gcm error on google and found this post (solution) on stackoverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12264761/add-gcm-jar-in-eclipse-ide-google-cloud-messaging/28066114#28066114

I just added the line below to the dependencies list in the build.gradle(Module: AGK2Template)

And the Build when succesfull afterwards

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:58:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:58:42