Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2018 13:18 Edited at: 7th Sep 2018 18:01
Raumwacht is available in Apple's appstore now.
It's a game for iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/raumwacht/id1423714318?mt=8

(edited to include video)

My intention was to get used to AGK's 2D physics engine, and I thought going for something like Asteroids would be a great idea for that purpose.
(Well, in hindsight an Angry Birds clone or something like that might have been a better choice... Too many game elements couldn't use the engine, like UFOs or shots.)

The last time I played Asteroids was on an Atari 2600 (and I'm not talking about an emulator. That console was high-tech when I was a teenager.)
The "realistic" controls (rotate, thrust) fascinated me. Until I realised that simply staying in the middle of the screen and not using thrust was the best strategy. Young-me didn't admit it back then, but he was a little disappointed. Therefore Old-me middle-aged-me decided to add a lot of reasons to move around in his own game.

Colonies between which goods have to be transported.
Ammo needs to be replenished at the dockyard.
A couple of missions to discover.
Boni to collect.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks impressive - I think the addition of extra elements to give the player more to do is clever and works well, and I like the jolly music!
Iwashere68
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, glad you like the music

I was afraid it might feel too much out of place or would be too annoying.
That's why I made sure the music can be switched off in the config menu.
Iwashere68
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's another video (this time music is switched off), it shows the destruction of the pirate's base.
I had already picked up 4 firepower power-ups, otherwise it would have taken far longer. Also, the alien mothership was already taken out and the number of asteroids reduced, so everything was a lot easier.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:00:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:00:28