Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How to import weapon assets to use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 00:58
I want to use this https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/186545 ? It just says decal? How do I use that hand and electricity?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2018 10:35
Fufps That thread is titled "Electric Spell for EAI's Spellcasting Kit"
It's an extra decal for EAI's Spellcast which you can still get here...https://eaimedia.com/ Scroll down to "Fantasy" section,
It's only a dollar I think, very much worth it for what you get. Decals for weapons are either the muzzle flash or for the flak.
They are setup in the weapons gunspec file. Again the community guide in your doc's folder is very helpful in this.
Quote: "How do I use that hand and electricity?"

Once you have a "hand" weapon/hud with proper animation you can set it's muzzleflash (electricity) decal
in it's gunspec.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2018 01:04 Edited at: 15th Sep 2018 02:25
Decided the electricity wasn't that great... EAI released free files.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/151097

The above referenced versions https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/186545
use a version of the hands with gauntlets but could be made to look like the screenshot you linked with a combination of texture swaps (unarmed/unarmored e02 hand map or any mp9/10 classic EAI compatible hand map) and editing (make the armor texture pure alpha to hide it).

I have no idea how to swap textures and edit armor to pure alpha.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 00:19
fufps
Quote: "I have no idea how to swap textures and edit armor to pure alpha"

If you open the weapons gunspec file you'll see the "Texture=" add the new texture file
or leave blank to use the default texture file ( look at other gunspec files to see how they are setup )
If you use Paint.net or Gimp you can easily add an "alpha" mask. Do you use either of these ?
fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 01:49
I figured it out with paint.net. Now I want to change the muzzle flash color to blue and take out the bullet smoke/holes effect. Do I change those in the .X file? or the gunspec script attached?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 12:56
Fufps To change the muzzleflash open your gunspec and change the line "muzzleflash = 91" to the new texture flash# you want.
In your folder gamecore\muzzleflash\ you will see all of your muzzleflash textures labled flash1, flash2 flash3...ect
Quote: "and take out the bullet smoke/holes effect"

To remove smoke effect, open a weapons gunspec, look for the line smoke=x and remove it ( no smoke )
To remove a weapons "bullethole" decal look for the line "scorchtype =x" also in the gunspec. Scorchtype
refers to a texture in your gamecore\bulletholes\ folder. Again this is where your Syntax list is handy.
Here's a link to the gunspec command list...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/180924?page=2
Scroll down to "29th Jan 2012 06:16" posting and download the .pdf I believe scorchtype=16 is a blank decalslot.

Another work around if it is an entity is to use the "nobulletcol" command ?

fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 15:57
I'm confused... Can you edit the gunspec.txt I linked to make blue flash, no smoke, no bullet holes?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 16:05
Fufps
Quote: "Can you edit the gunspec.txt"

Yes, I do it all the time. Again....the "Gunspec Syntax" list clearly details what commands
can be changed in a weapons gunspec file. Changing a muzzleflash is easy. Just change the number
to which muzzleflash it points to in the muzzleflash folder.
Quote: "no smoke, no bullet holes?"

For no smoke use the command "smokedecal=x" and have it point to a blank texture in your decal folder.
For no scorch use the command "norscorch = 1" ...simple. No bullet holes
Its all in the syntax list.
fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2018 15:35
ncmako! You are the greatest help on these forums. The syntax coding stuff is super intimidating to me. Tried all your snippets and the smoke/bullet decals are still there. On my 5th reply if you scroll up, I attached the gunspec.txt. Would be awesome if you attached it with the new commands... cuz for me it doesn't work.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2018 18:36 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2018 18:37
Fufps
Quote: " the smoke/bullet decals are still there"

Test runs with fpsc tend to keep of lot of things in memory. It is a very good idea to run your bin & dbo cleaner between EVERY test run to see if changes take place.
Here is a link to a super fast cleaner from Bond1...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/196309 USE IT ! Run the cleaner after every test run !

Now as for the smoke decal, as I stated before..
Quote: " have it point to a blank texture in your decal folder"

Ok, I attached my "blank" decal below. Place/drop the whole "blank" folder in your "gamecore\decals" folder along with the other decals. ( its just a blank texture )
Now in the gunspec for the weapon change the code line from "smokedecal = blackpuff" to "smokedecal = blank " That's it, no more smoke

As for the "bullet holes" your gunspec already has the "noscorch = 1" command so not to leave scorch/bullet hole decals ?
The command "iterate = 0" ( the number of bullets to fire per shot ) is set to zero, ok... so no bullets fired.
What other decal are you talking about I tested the commands and they still work fine

Attachments

fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2018 23:12
Something must be very wrong. The smoke hasn't gone away and the bullet holes are now little squares. Almost want to reinstall everything...

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 00:07
Fufps Are you running the cleaner between tests ? The square scorch holes means something is definitely wrong. Could be the "segment" your using? Try a different segment to test.
When everything is setup correctly it looks like my pic attached... I shot the wall about 10 times. No bullet holes. No weapon smoke.

Attachments

fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 02:19 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2018 02:44
Woohoo! I made all the smoke files alpha texture. The smoke from the hand is gone and the bullet holes are gone. Can't seem to find the decal of the smoke puff left on objects I shoot at. Any idea what they are called?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 14:13
Fufps
Quote: "I made all the smoke files alpha texture"

Ok, glad that works for you, but remember any other weapon that need those decals wont have a smoke decal now
I still feel something else needs attention without having to do this.

Quote: "smoke puff left on objects I shoot at"

You mean the segment shards when shot at. That setting is in the segments .fps file set as the "materialindex=x"
If you set EACH "materialindex=" to zero ( 0 ) you will have no more shards/smoke from walls.
Segments can have up to 16 for a full room segment. This setting also sets the players footfall sound when walking on these segments.
If you go into your audiobank\materials folder you will see all the sounds for a segment.

You can also make your own walls/segments Go to fpsfiles.net http://www.fpsfiles.net/
Grab a copy of FirmaV2 from the tools section. It is very easy to make your own wall or rooms with this program.
This way you can have control over which segments have no bullet shards and which do? ( keep your stock segments un-changed )

Also at this point, is your hand even a weapon anymore

fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 15:41 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2018 15:49
I found the texture for the smoke off the wall! My game is coming along now! Last thing I want to change is making the muzzle flash stay as long as the mouse button is pressed, so no more flashing just static... I want it so when you let go of the left mouse button the flash goes away. Any idea how to change that?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 15:51
Fufps
Quote: "Can't find segments.fps files"

They are located in the segment folder, then in the folder name of the particular segment your using.
Quote: " muzzle flash to stay as long as the left mouse button is being clicked"

Again, look in the gunspec syntax list. Open the weapons gunspec, find the line "firerate=x"

Set "firerate = 1" Now muzzleflash light stays lite while holding fire button.
fufps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 16:21 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2018 17:02
I changed the fire rate in the gunspec and its still flashing...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 17:58
Fufps
Quote: "I changed the fire rate in the gunspec and its still flashing"

The gunspec command firerate =1 does work ! I use it all the time.
This clearly tells me your NOT running the dbo & bin cleaner I linked you between test runs and/or changes.
One last time ....when you do a test run, then make changes to anything you HAVE to run the cleaner!
If you test run again without deleting dbo & bin files the engine will pull info from your last test run and
any changes you made will NOT show ! Look at my attached pic the engine creates/converts entities into these .dbo & bin files
for every hud, entity, segment... ect They have to be deleted after a test or game engine will use same old ones again!

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:31:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:31:52