Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is somebody still developing the VR Plugin? Please?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm interested in utilizing GG with the App GameKit Loader plus the VR DLC.

Could someone please tell me if this GG+App GameKit LOADER + VR workflow is being supported or developed?
I have seen the thread which seems to be a work in progress for the workflow that I am looking for : https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219143#msg2594958

Basically, I am looking for confirmation that the VR DLC is being supported and will continue to workout any issues with GG + App Gamekit Loader before I buy.
Is there a future automated or more streamlined process for a VR Workflow?

Thanks,

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 13:40
I am the author of the VR DLC. It has not been updated in a while, but that is mostly just because I haven't really had any more requests for changes. I'm currently working with TGC on another project, but I do plan to keep supporting the VR DLC. If there is anything that is needed to make my end work better with AGKLoader, then I will do what I can to get that working.
a.k.a WOLF!
GamingProphet
Years of Service
User Offline
Ron, the Zombie VR example does not compile, looks like a missing bitmap issue (tested under Steam) Thanks!
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2018 03:41
Actually, I did not write the zombie demo! That is probably the only thing in the VR DLC that I didn't do.
a.k.a WOLF!
GamingProphet
Years of Service
User Offline
Who wrote it? Is there a fix?
wopag
Years of Service
User Offline

Ron did you ever get down to the problem I encountered ? - or is this the fault of the physics in AppGameKit? (basically picking up objects and letting them go produces random flips) - without this fixed I cant see how the VR plugin can seriously be sold?

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222235
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2018 18:02
Quote: "Who wrote it? Is there a fix?"

I'm actually not sure who wrote the zombie demo. I did not run into any compilation problems when I tried it, so I'm not sure.

Quote: "Ron did you ever get down to the problem I encountered ? - or is this the fault of the physics in AppGameKit? (basically picking up objects and letting them go produces random flips) - without this fixed I cant see how the VR plugin can seriously be sold?"

Hi wopag! Sorry. I actually forgot all about it. This is definitely an issue with the physics system (or how you are implementing the physics system). It's not something that really has anything to do with the VR system. I think at the time, it looked to me like "Stab in the Dark" was giving some advice, who was much better suited to discuss the workings of the physics system than I was.

Ron
a.k.a WOLF!
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2018 18:35
yh, it would really be much easier if AppGameKit had a way to see the physics shapes like it does with the 2D physics... it's extremely fiddly trying to debug them with guess work.
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:40:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:40:54