Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Having trouble with compiling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2018 17:16
Hi Guys,

I have been away for a bit and trying AGK. This prompted me to return to DBP and try to sort out the problems I had been having trying to make it work properly. I have loaded version 7 and upgraded to version 9.0 then replacing the compiler with compiler 1010 in a last-ditch attempt to use this again. |I get the attached error message even though I have given the right path using options and default values. Maybe someone else has asked this but I can't seem to find it directly so any help would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,
Nick

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 11:12 Edited at: 24th Sep 2018 12:00
hmmm, I don't have / see an icon named workicon.ico in my DBProEX9 folder(s). I installed DBProEX9 under my root drive C:\ and not program files. All I did was install my retail versions of all plugins I bought under that folder and then copied the certificates folder with all the plugin certificates to the compiler folder. Then made sure I pointed the Synergy Editor to the current compiler (use the most recent version of Synergy Editor). Also, for any icons I use for each project I just remove the full path and retain only the relative path e.g. media\myproject.ico. I'll have another look and see what else it could be.

[update-try the attached Synergy Editor EXE just in case you can't find the last recent editor]
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Attachments

TiberiusHoorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 15:28
Thanks, I will look into that as a solution. I had the same trouble a year or so ago and somehow things improved a bit but now with a different updated rig things have gone haywire again. I am also getting problems now with another error so I guess somewhere it must be to do with the paths. I enclose another screenshot in the hope you or someone else has any ideas. It is a shame As I love to work with DBP. Just kinda pottering around for myself with no illusions that I shall ever write a full-scale application, at least not at the moment

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2018 15:54
hmmm, might be a certificates issue. I've attached certificates folder here and should be unzipped to the Compiler folder. Silly hint, but maybe just check that dll is actually present in the plugin folder.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Attachments

TiberiusHoorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2018 19:12
I don't see an attachment.
TiberiusHoorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2018 16:45
Tried everything. Reloaded from my original DVD. Ironed out a few small problems but have again a similar error on compilation. Now it is looking for DBProSoundDebug.dll. Any ideas, please.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 10:58
here it is again...

Attachments

TiberiusHoorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 19:47
Thanks, BOTR. I will give that a try.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:35:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:35:27