Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS Icon not the one I submitted!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2018 00:00 Edited at: 6th Oct 2018 00:52
On Apple iTunes, the app I just published shows with the AppGameKit icon, rather than the one it submitted with!

What's up?

On upload I did get a notice that iTunes store icon was missing from the IPA, but I provided that in iTunes connect. And before you ask, yes, I did include a 1024x1024 png image as I compiled the IPA. And yes, running latest AGK2, MacOS and Xcode on the Mac used to compile.

See included screenshot on how the app look after installing on an iOS device from iTunes:

edit: oh, and it all looks ok on iTunes connect - just not when downloaded and installed on device:

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 6th Oct 2018 02:48
Quote: "Icons are 512 by 512 when exporting to other formats I don't know about IOS tho
but the compiler will ignore it if its not the right size"
fubar
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2018 03:53 Edited at: 6th Oct 2018 03:55
That is a quote from where?

I have put a request down to Apple Dev Support, so we'll see what happens there - but I find it slightly troubling that AGK2 do not prevent this sort of thing from happening. It would seem like a major oversight.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2018 06:36
Its not a problem with apple I believe its the way you have the settings set when you are about to compile

I have come across this problem before
fubar
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2018 09:18 Edited at: 8th Oct 2018 09:26
Not really explaining much. What settings? I included the App Icon in the Export to IPA dialogue. The icon is the right dimension that Apple demands (1024x1024 32bit png). Furthermore, the icon is showing correctly on iTunes Connect - just not on the device.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2018 10:43
IOS publishing help
https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/52_ios.htm

IOS Export
https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/ios8.htm
I believe the APP icon cannot have transparency and must be in png format
It might also be handy to include splash screens

fubar
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 16:46 Edited at: 9th Oct 2018 16:50
Did you try the app with TestFlight? (invite people as External testers)
If the icon appears correctly to them, then it should be a problem on Apple's side. If it doesn't appear correctly to them then you should be able to fix it.
Let me know because I'm also programming an app for iOS and I hope it passes their review process.
iMac Book Pro, MacOS 10.13.6, Xcode 9.4.1;
iPhone 6, iOS 9.35; iPad (3rd gen), iOS 9.35; iPad Pro 12'9 (2nd gen)

Dell Precision T7400, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Visual Studio Community 2017;
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 20:12 Edited at: 11th Oct 2018 20:13
@fubarpk
> I believe the APP icon cannot have transparency and must be in png format
That is for the App-Store icon. With regards to the actual App Icon, all I can find is that it need be a .png file of 1024x1024.
> It might also be handy to include splash screens
I do have that. For several resolutions.

I might add, I just got today a second App accepted on iTunes (well, B2B VPP distribution, not publicly available), and I have the same issue. It do not show the correct icon on the device, but the AppGameKit icon.

I've contacted Apples dev support, but it's been 5 days and no answer. I'm thinking I need bug the AppGameKit devs directly as well - and that soon, as this will not do! As can be clearly seen in my screenshot, in iTunes Connect, the intended icon do show. On device, nope.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 20:32
I've not heard of this happening before, and we have been submitting our DTS apps with different icons without issue, so I'm not sure what could be happening here. When you upload the app with Application Loader does the correct icon show? Or If you extract the IPA file (it is just a zip) and browse through to the icon files are they the correct ones?
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2018 14:08
Thanks for the reply Paul.

> When you upload the app with Application Loader does the correct icon show?
Yes - and also on iTunes Connect

> Or If you extract the IPA file (it is just a zip) and browse through to the icon files are they the correct ones?
Not tried that, I'll give it a whirl.

Oh, and compiled both the projects on a Mac with latest updates of iOS and XCode and (until yesterday) latest version of AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:01:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:01:24