Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Chinese Text been resolved???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys
My APP needs to be bilingual. Chinese (Mandarin and English)
Has the Chinese Text been sorted?
Currently using images for "text" but take ages to create all of the.. would just be so much easier to use createtext and not loadimage hahahahaha
Cherio/Thanks
Danny
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2018 08:58 Edited at: 15th Oct 2018 08:59
I am able to embed and use Chinese fonts just fine. The difficulty was finding a compact enough Chinese-supported font as many of them can exceed 50-100 MB with all of the glyphs. I found xiawei OTF which is under 4 MB and worked for all of my app's translations into simplified Chinese:

https://chinesefontdesign.com/zcool-xiaowei-logo-art-chinese-font-simplified-chinese-fonts.html

It would be preferred if AppGameKit could tap into the default system fonts in which case the default Chinese font on whichever platform would be used for any characters that are not compatible with any bundled fonts. But I talked to Paul about this and seemed not possible at least for now within the AppGameKit framework.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:55:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:55:18