Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Weird bug with textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 13th Oct 2018 21:19
When i'm far away from an entity, its textures become weird, and when i get closer to the entity, its textures become normal (it happens with every segment and entity except for characters).
Screenshots attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2018 18:21
maybe it's a mipmap bug?
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2018 13:00
halp
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 11:28
@ ScooT9 I don't use X10 much. I have it, but don't use it. I 'm only guessing here, but does X10 use LOD by chance ??? ( Level Of Detail )
If not, then what about your textures & shaders, looks like internal textures are bleeding thru from the inside. Is this a stock entity or custom one ( the building)
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 12:36
the building is a stock entity
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 15:58
Scoot9 I tried several ways to replicate your problem and never could. Everything seems ok.
I even applied several different shaders and all looks ok ...no matter from what distance I look at it.
I guess a reinstall is in order and see if it fixes it
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:37:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:37:52