Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Installing Asset Packs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone know how to add the asset packs to the non-Steam version of the software? I got an educational license to use with my physics class and I haven't been able to track down a tutorial, nor do they come with one.

Thanks
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 16th Oct 2018 16:36
If you have the steam version of the asset packs you will find them
c:/program file (x86).steam/steamapps/common/App Game Kit 2/DLC

When you create a project create a "media" folder inside and copy the assets you need to the media folder

To test and see the example projects within the DLC folder there are demo projects you should just be able to load them with the AppGameKit viewer

fubar
Rbumgarn
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't have the steam version of anything. I had to download the DLC piece by piece since I had the educational license through my school. Where do they need to be now for the AppGameKit software to use them? Or is it like you said and I'll need to load up what I need (each specific asset pack or portion of it) each time I design a project?
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a DLC tab in AGK. The second to last tab above the ribbon.
Rbumgarn
Years of Service
User Offline
This attached image is what I see on the top bar. Haven't found a dlc tab or option yet...
Rbumgarn
Years of Service
User Offline
Image didn't upload...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 21:59
I cant see the attached image but

When you create a project say you call it game
you will have a folder called
Game
inside that folder you may or may not have a folder called media
simply copy any media/assets you want to use with your project called Game to the media folder if a media file doesn't exist create one "media" lowercase

Apart from that im not sure whats included in the way of assets in the educational pack but if there are any you will need to navigate to them
With windows its very easy to do a search just navigate to c:/ then search "asset" in the top right search window of explorer window
(the program used for navigating the hard drive) search "games" for games pack etc

Apologies thats the best help i can offer at this time
fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 21:59 Edited at: 17th Oct 2018 22:03
Maybe something TGC could answer in their products availability in different versions and where from etc

The pic shows that DLC tool menu is totally missing

Maybe instal the DLC packs properly instead of you said installed manually.

The toolbar menu on the interpreter will require DLC packs to be installed properly

Are you been naughty!!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 22:06 Edited at: 17th Oct 2018 22:09
Quote: "Are you been naughty!!"

I wondered that myself as the picture shown clearly shows it as a much older version

but then I don't know if the student version IDE is a little different as I own the steam version
fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 17th Oct 2018 22:27
If we have hit the crunch in been in this situation of "hacking dlcs" - well my thoughts are is that if we want to create something that others skills have provided then we need to be prepared to pay for those

Whats £100 out of pocket, at first instance. create something and be like a Rockstar!!!

install the DLCs properly and let us know how you get on

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:55:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:55:41