Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / drawing sprites dose not work on android

Author
User Banned
Posted: 16th Oct 2018 01:46 Edited at: 16th Oct 2018 01:51
sorry title says dose should be does not.

so I have this painter, on WINDOWS it works great also on HTML5.
but when I export\broadcast it to android something is not working right.

I have a simple "drawSprite(spriteID)" with the given pointerX and pointerY I get from the user...
I have also added the option to mirror sprites on the screen which works great on WINDOWS and HTML. but does not work on android at all, not even the normal pointerX , pointerY (should work as the no mirror option does draw it)
I also have some shading to it simply adding the same sprite with different colors with a little translation to the X and the Y which gives the perfect shading.

the problem I see is that it does not draw the same sprite on a single cycle inside the loop. it works great on PC and HTML5...

so , to sum it up:

a video of the app its pretty awesome, this is a recording taken from WINDOWS.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2018 03:25
Does your image name in your app EXACTLY (case-wise) match the filename on your hard drive "media" folder
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2018 04:05 Edited at: 16th Oct 2018 04:06
What does it look like on Android? ( perhaps someone recognizes the error )

Are you using the percentage system? If not, I would think that is problem.

I see you're using SetSpritePositionByOffset() instead of SetSpritePosition(). In my limited experience, this does matter if you have no offset it may throw off the calculations.

Really gorgeous app.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
You can enter your Android IP (as seen in AppGameKit Player) as the debug device in the AppGameKit settings as long as your computer and Android are on the same network. Then run the app in Debug mode and see if the console shows you any errors or warnings.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 10:37
blinkOk, yes all the files and filenames match all lowercases.

Golelorn, I remember that I do not have to use the percentage system but maybe they changed it, let me check.

xCept, wow I did not know that! thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 10:58:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 10:58:52