Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Carnival Game

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 18th Oct 2018 10:38 Edited at: 18th Oct 2018 10:39
Thought ide resurrect some old code I started ages ago this is basically the carnival shooter code
no media needed

It needs work but basically would have like ducks you shoot with air rifle etc and may have other things like throwing basket balls in hoops etc
things like you see at fun fairs (shows etc) just curious what people think of the idea where you get rewarded things for success
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 03:06 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 03:13
Ok so I Improved the mouse vectors and added a pretty basic looking construction

required media
http://users.tpg.com.au/subarpk/carnival.3ds
http://users.tpg.com.au/subarpk/duck2.png

NEEDS ALLOT OF WORK LOL
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 03:22 Edited at: 19th Oct 2018 03:23
thinking I need a pretty basic sort of rifle and to improve the way it shoots
at the moment you just touch screen and it shoots

That's a starter

All feedback Welcome
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 04:59 Edited at: 19th Oct 2018 05:02
What about something like this? As a frame

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 06:12 Edited at: 19th Oct 2018 15:51
That looks awesome blink0k your so talented I was playing trying to texture in meshlab and it crashed on me
A frame would be excellent, as the ducks are separate objects didn't really like to ask after all the help you have given in the past

I think the concept of a day at the carnival has good potential as each individual carnival activity could have its own prizes/rewards
that people could collect like collector cards or something like pokemon did as I believe that was one of the reasons of its success

but done like the classic Olympic Games

Still very much tossing the ideas around as what would be possible, I think basketball hoops be good similar to the same throw routine
I currently use for shooting. Could throw a random duck in the duck shooter that opened you up to new rewards.

Throw the torus over the bottle could be one or a cube with money
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 15:45 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 21:09
Thought ide try the bottle down throwing one too

I have the bottles as dynamic atm cos I cant remember if or how to get the kinematic ones to fall over

Video Removed for space please see latest post

Media
http://users.tpg.com.au/subarpk/Bottle.obj
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 17:00 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 03:13
Improved the duck shooter shoot routine but need to change the collisions to physics collisions I think
now I have the duck shooter working as physics contacts and screen vectors

May try throwing a torus over a bottle or box but that's a job for tomorrow night along with proper physics
collisions
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 17:19
Looking great @fubarpk! You are really knocking out the games fast and so varied too.

And @blink0k that really is a superb shooting gallery frame. Looks AWESOME!
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 21:41
Yes indeed - looks really good - keep it up fubarpk - maybe have a rollercoaster running in the background
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 21:56
Thanks Garbenjamin and Puzzler

Quote: "maybe have a rollercoaster running in the background"

That would be a game in itself as each of the carnival activities could be but prob quite feasible to have a ferris wheel or roller coaster
as a video image in the background will have to have a look if there are suitable royalty free videos i could play over an object. I know
DBPRO can do that perhaps a ferris wheel shader

fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 21:58
awesome like the inspiration there...
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 22:00
Anyone ever been to a fairground ride where we after to "look up" and be on a rollercoaster or an attraction fairground ride.

A Skydome could have a video of that nature..

Awesome furparpk
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 23:09 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 21:08
fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 23:49
Spot on, well done
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 00:04 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 00:06
Im asking cause i know you can achieve something miles better furbarpk, not suggesting that you doing simple stuff. but put your mind to agk then can achieve more

When i started AppGameKit - i thought 2d stuff was just going to be it.

Spend time in 3d work then worlds you oyster
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 01:23 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 01:25
Lots of great games made in 2D and 3D. I think most of us probably work in both? Isn't all of this stuff fubarpk has been making recently in 3D? I thought even this was another 3D game. Not that it matters really but it looks like it is 3D models.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 02:22
It is very much 3D the video is put on a planeobject rotated a little to suit camera. Im thinking i could perhaps make the video
plane object much bigger and move the camera along different activity tents for the individual games. Perhaps selectable from
a thumbnail menu as to which activity you play. Not sure how il do rewards yet as the gameplays needs work and decisions on
which games ide like to use but will try and keep the controls simple. Perhaps just click the screen like the duck shooter and
a power control for other items such as bottle drop or basketball etc style games.

But as always open to suggestions

And Blocklifter i owe allot of thanks to blink0k for the models without them it would look mighty bland.
And it was puzzlers puzzle code that really made pixelated labrynth possible with some help from Cliff converting to planes.
2D i can work in and usually get the effect i want but 3D even if i can do the model, texturing it becomes the problem. Meshlab
has made creating textured maps much easier but im still very much learning how that works but Jousting Eggs was textured
using meshlab. Now i need to learn how to apply a texture atlas map to a model
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 02:58 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 03:01
If you can spare the cash I recommend getting Ultimate Unwrap Pro it makes uv mapping and vertex painting very easy and is what we used in that thread of Xaby's to do the flat shaded vertex color models too. I think it may have been Blink that figured out exactly how to do it in UUP. I mean you can definitely uv unwrap in Blender well too just saying I find working with UUP a nicer workflow and it allows you to do a lot more than just that.

Yes Blink does fantastic art. No doubt about it. I'm on a kick where I want to create a few games completely solo in ultra low resolution just because it feels like something I need to do now. Can't really explain it better than that it resonates with me. Otherwise I'd be seriously tempted to increase the resolution to 640x360 and bug Blink for art or pay for it even.

Puzzler I know is always working on something with memblocks and 3D and I know he is working hard on it and making progress all of the time but I haven't tried any of the code samples in a while just because I don't need any manual object creation stuff like minecraft and been working on my own projects. After making the templates to help folks out and then the extended api functions I was ready to just make a game again. And I am loving it!! lol

Anyway looking forward to trying out your latest game fubarpk!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 05:29 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 05:30
+1 for UU. The guy who wrote it is super helpful. Never takes more than a day to get back to you and mostly replies within the hour. Super dooper product!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 08:16
Thanks Garbenjamin did you get to try Jousting Eggs I think it plays quite well with mobile considering the thread is here https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/223043

I wish there was a course I could do on basic texturing models i used meshlab because it was easy for colouring faces took me about 5 minutes because i found a great tutorial for that but the map
it created wasn't very suitable for texturing a pic with that method it has other ways and seems really powerful but dang its confusing. Im pretty sure blender does the maps too but when i tried in
3DS many years ago that was as much work as creating the model to get right if not more as it seemed like you had to align the object faces onto a texture template. I did a basic modelling 3d course
in 3ds max many years ago a short course but now with my qualifications its very hard to do short courses because of rules i have to atleast sign up for some full course or university again lol i can think
of better subjects i could do at uni. I sat in a hackers course at uni once invited by a lecturer and because of my age and prob the beard I had at time every young student wanting me in their group hhahahah
Loved security but this was better you set up a computer and you hacked into the other groups pcs points awarded for leaving notecard etc on there machine and more points awarded for not having
yours penetrated pretty sure you would love that course Gar. I already did security etc but that course sounded like fun.
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 11:09 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 20:15
Blink very kindly donated some media
video deleted for space please see further down
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 21:38
Nice work!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 22:35 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 21:08
Thanks I also thought it may be used for other games
like in this example after you have done duck shoot perhaps bottle bowl
but that may get changed to a torus toss yet. Having to set the bottles as dynamic to make them fall over is a pain

fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 22:41 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 22:42
Something like bowling. Ok. What happend to the poor dogs ears?
ps: i would turn physics off for the bottles until the ball is almost touching
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 23:07 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 20:19
Quote: "What happend to the poor dogs ears? "

oops mustve cut them when making it transparent around him pls dont tell animal welfare
Il fix that next update

hoop toss perhaps
video delete for space please see further down
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 23:12
What about an aiming line that shows the trajectory of the ball?
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2018 23:19 Edited at: 20th Oct 2018 23:22
that should be possible
but mobiles wont show the aiming the way it is atm as its done via mouse
I was thinking if I do a hoop toss I could overlay some buttons for the power then just click screen
not really sure and haven't managed to land a hoop over the bottle yet lol so hoping the physics
allows

May add a sine curve for the ducks yet on y axis
and randomly have the dog jump up
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 00:05
The hoops may have a problem in that they are a concave shape. Physics may be treating it like a disc
As a test you could place it directly above the bottle and let it drop
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 00:21 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 20:15
When I do that and set the test hoop to dynamic
Video deleted for space
It almost works but then bounces off

I think your right about the concave shape but I might try changing the collision shape of bottle

Ps think gar has the right idea by posting vids of your own stuff you can see alsorts you might otherwise miss
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 02:58 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 20:17
Happier with the way the bottlebowling turning out
a few seconds into the video is the bottle bowling
video deleted for space please see further down
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 03:51
@fubarpk and @blink0k this has a very fun look to it!! Looks very nice.

@fubarpk I haven't had a chance to try Jousting Eggs yet but I need a brain break and am doing no more work tonight so as soon as I post this I will check it out!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 04:09 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 04:11
Thanks

Still working on what Carnival activities are possible and suitable with loads of controls would like some event with concave objects
but the hoop toss i kinda got it to sit over the bottle but not go too far down. Hahahah one of my favorite carnival games was
popping the ping pong ball into the clowns mouth mostly cos it was so easy to get a prize. Not so sure how that could be done in AGK
at present. I did manage a marble game where you tilt the device to make the mables go in the pockets but it got set back on my to do
list. But shows there may be a method of doing the clown thing. Perhaps a dart/balloon thing too!, really just playing with concepts atm
and welcome all suggestions.

Quote: "I haven't had a chance to try Jousting Eggs yet "

All good I just value your opinion.
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 04:16
I just played it and left you feedback on your other thread. I seem to be the only one that has played it???? We need to get more of this community into game testing!! lol
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 04:44
Yes we all should test each others games most people to busy with there own stuff understandably but you would have to be the best ive come across
for game testing and you give good feedback. Other than that my only other method ide suggest for feedback is the indi promo group on facebook if you
provide a link.

Quote: "I seem to be the only one that has played it? "

I think the person who it shows playing it on google play is the same one person which may be good because theyve had it installed for quite a while on
there machine which shows they enjoy it i guess. The crazy thing with google play if you want lots of downloads quick write a quick joke telling app for
halloween and you will notice so many downloads in next to no time. But spend hours on getting gameplay right and testing etc allot of people wont even
find it let alone play it. Its def a hard market to break into nowadays I just enjoy checking my download stats
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 04:57 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 04:58
I get that completely. I have put a lot of work into this current game. I mean yes it is less than 100 hours but still is a lot of time... the equivalent of over two full-time workweeks on a job is a good amount of time to me. And I am putting time into marketing activities as well and in the end all of this will most likely do very little. I accept that already. I mean I'm doing what I can to make an impact but basically I see it like all as a process. If it was 2 years ago when I had some momentum built up and this was the third game in a row with time spent on marketing it would be different. But 2 years between not sure if there is much left I can leverage. A little probably but basically it is for all intents & purposes like starting right back at the beginning again. lol But again it is a process. Just need to keep moving forward. I will get some followers from this. Some people will enjoy the game and I will have 1 new fan of my games. Or maybe 10. Hard to say. When this game is done I will work on another game and do more marketing and that will increase my reach a tiny bit more.

I think maybe try that for your games too. It is dull monotonous work the marketing but it is needed I think. Basically make a game do some marketing. Make a game do some more marketing. And your reach will grow over time.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 05:07
Yeh I need to do something with marketing all I have now is my website but my night driving gets a constant flow of players and I liked the
idea of pixelated lit up signs in pixelated labrynth for advertising in that not so much they have time to check out the signs but im sure it does
get them to check out my other games. I could also go with the old fashioned sine scrolling text in some games too I guess perhaps at the title
page or a menu option to check out other games and have favorites thumbnailed on a screen menu option. Giving the user some choice in
the matter
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 20:18 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2018 07:27
Added a digital scoreboard

Duckshoot
10 points for yellow ducks
20 points for purple ducks
30 points for blue ducks
minus 100 points for hitting dog

BottleBowl
Score=Score+(NumberKnockedOver*10)

HoopToss
gotta sort collisions better
Video removed for space please see further down
fubar
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 22:13
Looks really great fubpark but must say its hard to keep track of all your Projects
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 01:34 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2018 07:27
The bowling now uses a bowling alley look

If the torus Object in the hooptoss doesn't want to travel down around the bottle I was wondering
if like a dunny toss where you toss something into the dunny would it perhaps stay there.
I know we have SetObjectShapeConvexHull(Obj) but that doesn't seem to work well for a taurus
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 01:58
Visually it looks great... very interesting & unique! But I think every game the balls (and ring) are moving far too quickly. There is no time to appreciate it flying through the air. The duck shoot is best with this. I think you could slow the balls down on all of the games and it would make it a lot more enjoyable. Especially on the bottle ringer game and the bowling game (that ball travels insanely fast). If the duck shoot ball was just a little slower there would be some suspense will the ball knock over a duck? If the bottle ringer was much slower it would also create that suspense and enjoyment of watching it travel through the air and perhaps bounce around a bit. The bowling ball I'd make much slower for the same reasons.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 02:00
I agree.
I also think these would make great VR games
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 03:44 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2018 13:22
Thanks for all the feedback

Easy enough to slow the balls I cranked up the velocity when I was sorting out the vectors
like the up in air approach too for the duck shoot so for the top ducks I want it so you have to aim above them
which by slowing down the velocity will have that effect

I have tried placing the torus just above the bottles and all I can get it to do is partially go down the bottle I have since moved
the centre point and now its worse but either way it failed there is a setobjectshapeconvexhull() command which may be better
suited to a different style of object ie a dunny that you can throw a ball into. Lots to do thinking this will be one of my longer projects
as I want four or so mini games. but changing from one minigame to the other is kinda less stressfull than just doing the same one
game

Still need work on the scoring but it now has a proper scoring notecard
No total score calculated and have to make allowances for strikes and spares
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 05:05 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2018 05:07
Looking good. If you are not tired of my input... I suggest moving the start point of the bowling ball back a ways. The ball should be rolling and currently it is thrown and hits the lane about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way to the pins. BUT you could have fun with it. I am not sure what you are going for. Like it could be Crazy Bowler / Angry Bowler and that would make complete sense for the ball to be thrown the way it is now and would be a unique take on it. Really depends on how you are theming/spinning this.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 10:54 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2018 13:23
Thanks Garbenjamin
Perhaps more like this for movement
video removed for space

PS I don't pick up the pins yet in middle of a bowling frame
and scores still need work

And that's with the mass of the pins set to 5
And velocity of the ball to 200
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 11:22 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2018 11:23
My pin mass calculation is;
SetObject3DPhysicsMass(pin, GetObject3DPhysicsMass(pin) * 0.01)

My bowling ball mass calculation is;
SetObject3DPhysicsMass(ball, GetObject3DPhysicsMass(ball) * 1.5)

So pins are 10% their normal mass
Bowling ball is 1 1/2 times it's normal mass
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 13:02 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2018 07:27
The problem was the way I set collisionshapes they were all set different lol but fixed
with your bowling mass calcularion

Added this to the setthemup() and set the ball velocity to 75 in the above video
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 23:03
Looks good! Have you set the restitution in that one?
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 23:06
Looks comercial and well done
Looks like something i could find as a mini game on one of my Nintendo Machines and that in a good way
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2018 00:32 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2018 00:36
Quote: "Looks good! Have you set the restitution in that one?"

sure have now all the settings are same as Strike
fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:00:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:00:46