Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How many of you do have or plan to let the users modd your game like the old doom games and such?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2018 21:33 Edited at: 21st Oct 2018 21:35
I have plans on having a bunch of Tools built in to my game that allows users to expand the experience by modding the game.
Iam trying to make the mod sharing simple for all systems windows,linux,mac and Android where these users can share on all platforms.
Currently have i only made a basic tile and mapp modding function but plan to add spriter and editors to change all values.
This is a small experiment that a bit expanded more then i planned

Its a very boring task to do in the beginning but i hope it will payback at the end?
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 02:00
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 10:15
Not so much modding, and it's not a game, but my AppGameKit app allows people to create settings and values that they can share with other users and load. At the moment it's done with QR codes and the data saved and shared is stored in an online database. With the new URL schemes introduced in the October version of AppGameKit (I've not yet tried) I'm going to look at also allowing them to share URLs which will do the same thing as the QR codes, just a lot easier.

This could easily be applied to a game, and used for sharing user designed levels (even the current QR code approach), but it does rely on a central database with all of the data created by each user.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2018 13:41
That sounds cool kevin …
The maps are pretty straight forward so maybe i should look in to how thats done

Yes gar and thats why iam going to do some small tests to see if its something anyone will fancy in the game..
If not do i simply loock all Tools for final release...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:57:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:57:13