Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / loading screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 26th Oct 2018 12:44 Edited at: 26th Oct 2018 12:47
Is there a way to make a cod2 style loading screen (when loading finishes, you have to click right mouse button to start level)?
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2018 23:56
ScooT9 Yes, very easy. You have to plan it out first though so no action takes place until the player & levels starts.
First make a blank full screen hud. I usually just use a totally black one. Add text on it to tell player to "right mouse
click to start level" Place it in your gamecore\huds\*** The Name Of Folder***
Make a script to use in a triggerzone , place in your level anywhere.
Note: the next code shows just what I already had on file. "Level1\blank.png" is what I have & used. Yours would be a different file

Here the player is disabled for 999 sec's ( more than long enough, when player rmb click "blank" hud unshows & player is able to move again.
One thing... like I said before, have your action wait until player moves around. Planning ahead here is the key

I have never tried it, but one could even use a simple video, maybe a spinning hour glass or something.
I do know that LMB click and/or SpaceBar stops a video so the level can begin. Just another option
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor? Yeah, that's where I'm at !
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a question, the loading screen will disappear and then the blank HUD gets shown?
Medal of Honor
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2018 22:04
@ Pvt.Dan
Quote: "the loading screen will disappear and then the blank HUD gets shown?"

Yes, with this simple script, attach to trigger and place anywhere in level. When "loading bar" finishes
level will start with a blank/black ( or what ever image you choose ) of course YOUR image will have a
different path to file When player click rmb hud will "unshow" and player is no longer disabled.
You can also have the hud "fadeout" slowly, or any combinations of other methods You choose.
Note: remember to have any "action" or music wait until the "hud" disappears and player can move about.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!
Medal of Honor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 01:34:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 01:34:42