Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can you still be Multi-platform in Tier 2?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2018 23:01 Edited at: 6th Nov 2018 23:08
I really like the whole multi-platform aspect of AppGameKit, where in native tier 1 IDE you can pick a platform and deploy with very little setup... but I also to not use basic for more advanced applications.

The problem is that Tier 2 requires you to work in a specific IDE for a specific platform. So the question is - can you work in Tier 2 AND still be able to export to both iOS and Android?

Thanks.
Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2018 06:26
Answer to whether Tier 2 can be still be Multi-platform can got either way. It depends on how you code your app. If all you use is non platform specific API's and AppGameKit tier functions and use the app templates that were setup for programmers then the answer is yes except for as you say it needs specific IDE's for the platform to compile. If you use platform specific API's externally then the answer is no. So as you can see Tier 2 is powerful but not as easy to create multi-platform Apps as if you were using Tier 1. Maybe someday the wrappers that are being tested out there (the unofficial Tier3) will allow for multi-platform compiling so you can use a single IDE. It's the mobile platforms that causes problems with these languages.
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2018 22:29
For the time being, I'm sticking only to what AppGameKit offers by itself. But you say you still have to use multiple IDEs to get multi-platform capabilities done eh?
Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2018 05:59
windows desktop - Visual studio
Android - Android Studio
Linux - What ever Linux IDE
MacOS, IOS - Xcode and a mac only.

But unless your tier 2 code uses Platform specific API's the cross platform for tier 2 is source level. You take your source code and place it in one of the App Platform templates and compile in the ide for the platform. In tier 1 all you have really do is use Tier 1 Editor and exports to what ever platform is available for export on the development platform.

Tier 2 is powerful but not as easy to get app packages made.

So personally I say if you really have a need for something Tier 2 can do Tier 1 is much much easier to work with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:38:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:38:55