Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] GameGuru loader not loading up textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have objects that I have created and textured in Mapscape. There are mutiple textures on different faces. The textures show up in GameGuru through the .fpe but when I put it in AppGameKit only the objects that came with GameGuru load textures. Is it because they have one mapped .dds file for texture? Some of my objects have 10 or more different textures on them. How can I get my textures to load?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 8th Nov 2018 15:35
texures in AppGameKit from GameGuru need to be converted to PNG format. AppGameKit doesn't understand DDS unfortunately.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "texures in AppGameKit from GameGuru need to be converted to PNG format. AppGameKit doesn't understand DDS unfortunately.
"

I used the GG Loader v1.1 to convert and if I not mistaken, the AGKApps through the hidden Appdata folder holds the data that it loads from? I have all .PNG files but it seems to have converted some of these files and I see a common factor. It has the filename and then n_result.png files that all look like blue squares. I have uploaded a screenshot down below to show this folder.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2018 08:51 Edited at: 9th Nov 2018 08:53
Hi ruckertheron

The problems is that AppGameKit have not been able to read what textures that are used in your objects, i just added a few more commands "GetObjectTextureName and GetObjectNumTextures" to yesterdays update , so im going to try to automate the texture process in a later GG Loader release.

Until then and for Speed , you should really bake your textures into a single atlas textures , im not sure if Mapscape is able to do this , if not you could try to use www.spriteuv.com or similar programs that are able to bake your textures for you.

If you want to use your objects as is, you must code the texture handling yourself , its not difficult but you need to load in your textures and texture each of your objects mesh using SetObjectMeshImage(obj,mesh,image,stage), This way your objects will also work.

Also remember after you baked into single atlas textures you should edit your GameGuru .fpe files and add "textured = myatlastexture.png" to reflect your new atlas textures
Subscribe and checkout great AppGameKit video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2018 23:36 Edited at: 11th Nov 2018 23:39
Quote: "The problems is that AppGameKit have not been able to read what textures that are used in your objects, i just added a few more commands "GetObjectTextureName and GetObjectNumTextures" to yesterdays update , so im going to try to automate the texture process in a later GG Loader release."

Okay first how do I update my AppGameKit if I got it from The Game Creators Site? I tried to add non-steam games but to no avail..

and number #2.. if this approach even close to how I should be thinking?

Its obvious to what it does but it is made to read the .x file and read the texture 0 and extract the data of the texture file but also I am wondering does the UV data reside in there as well? theres an assortment of numbers separated by semi colons in the .x file that look like they could be UV data.. Thanks for your help
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to login to your TGC account and download the latest AppGameKit version.

I did not yet got around to make some tier 1 code for this but to get the textured used try this:

for i = 1 to GetObjectNumTextures(objid)
Print( GetObjectTextureName(objid, i) )
next i

Should list the textured used by your object and in mesh order ( i hope ).

The UV should be correct they are loaded/set for each mesh.

Please let us know if it works
Subscribe and checkout great AppGameKit video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2018 16:05 Edited at: 13th Nov 2018 16:14
Ok I updated the AGK... that was a bone head move Thank you for the refresher on the update.. My brain is fried..... So now I am having problems with the textures not being loaded in correctly.

This is how it comes out on AGK

This is how it supposed to be from MapScape

If you look at the door and front windows you can see that the texture appears blurred and the siding is not right. But when I try to use the CloneObject() function, the front door and windows are correct but the roof is missing along with other meshes in the object. I tried to use the CreateObjectFromObjectMesh() function to recreate the object and basically do the same as CloneObject() and I got the same results with the roof missing. What can be the problem

Attachments

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2018 20:50
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I think this is to do with Repeating the texture.
You need to tell AppGameKit it's a repeating texture
Have a look at SetImageWrapU/SetImageWrapV

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:13:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:13:43