Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2018 17:23
Using dbpro. I've recently started a large scale game. But have run into a problem almost immediatly. The compiler seems to crash when using networking commands. Is there a library or dll out there that will work with dbpro and modern operating systems win9- win 10. I don't want to have to rewrite my code 4-5 times. Heard of people using multisync Mike's and Winsock and not sure what dark net is. Just need some advice pros cons if possible. Thank you
A child's dream never dies.

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2018 00:42

Have you had any luck yet?

I have successfully programmed multiplayer before using only the native DBP commands.
(Mind you, I was only connecting to myself by running the app twice.)

It could just be a matter of a bad DBP version (or lack of an update) depending on your editor version.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2018 06:30
The core commands are DirectPlay(forum search DirectPlay), this is considered obsolete now by Microsoft according to Google results, so in Windows 10 you will need to enable it - Program features > Turn Windows features on/off > Legacy > DirectPlay(again according to Google, also disable antivirus/defender beforehand and a reboot needed afterwards). Perhaps this is behind what you are experiencing? Also make sure you're using correct dx9 for DBP, 9.0c June 2010 is what I have.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2018 23:09
Think the direct play is the culprit James thank you I'll give it a try.
A child's dream never dies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:16:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:16:54