Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Chat / Extracting Texture Names From .X file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Been struggling with getting the textures on my .x file and I cant get the update for some reason so I decided to post this and maybe someone can add on.. it seems to work ok for a novice...

Bored of the Rings
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2018 12:23 Edited at: 12th Nov 2018 12:24
if you want to extract texture name from an X file (ASCII format), then you need to search for "texturefilename=".
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
ruckertheron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "if you want to extract texture name from an X file (ASCII format), then you need to search for "texturefilename="."

Its grabs the textures from each mesh and loads them into an array to use in the program and it also makes a text file with a list of the texture names in order of what Mesh Number is in the object.. It basically does that. Works pretty good.
Bored of the Rings
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2018 13:11
good stuff, I read the code very quickly, but as I always say, if it works no need to fix it.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-02-17 17:06:19
Your offset time is: 2019-02-17 17:06:19