Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Not all Matrix Utilities working with Dark Basic Pro Free

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2018 00:39
Hello been awhile since I have been here. I had to re-install Windows 10, and all my software. Discovered there are many issues getting some older programs to work on Windows 10. I can no longer get my activation codes for my Dark Basic Pro DVD, needed to download that free version. One issue is that not all the Matrix Utilities are working with it. I make some use of #16, that involves string manipulation for file names, trimming spaces, replacing extensions for output file, etc.

I am thinking about getting AppGameKit and convert many of my current programs over to use that instead of Dark Basic. I assume its 100% backward compatible. But will need to look into it.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2018 02:35
Its not 100%, it drops some things, but adds some others. It also moves from directx to opengl. Dbpro plugins are not compatible, but agk does have its own plugins. Most dbpro code can be ported over without too much trouble.

It has come a long way and is worth looking in to these days I'd say.

That said, you can get an activated copy of the original dbpro on the last official update here, its portable so no need to do an install.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220966
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 19:13:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 19:13:57