Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / .lipsync file making?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 19:22
I wanted to make my own .lipsync files for the talker characters but when I used the ConvertAllWAVFiles.exe it told me all files were processed but no .lipsync files were there. I tried using many audio frequencies, wav formats and I also found a forum post about the same issue and somebody told to install a speech SDK so I did but still nothing. Is there anything that could help me?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2018 15:53
Hi blob1.... and welcome First which version of fpsc are you using ?
To make lipsync files place your .wav file into the "audiobank\darkvoices" folder. .wav files should be mono at 22khz ??? give or take.
I use Audacity and it never fails me to produce a working file, be it a .wav or .ogg.
Place your .wav file in the folder, click on ConvertAllWAVFiles.exe, after a few seconds you can exit. Your .wav and an extra file ".lipsync"
should be in the folder now. You really don't need the voice recorder or anything special like a speech SDK
I have BlackIce mod and just tested it, still works fine
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
blob1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2018 13:55
My version of FPSC is 1.20 Black Ice Mod 10.5 and I have Windows 10 Professional. I had the voice files in the darkvoices folder and they were mono with 22khz and I used Audacity, I even tried using the recorder but the .lipsync files never wanted to show up. Maybe there is something wrong with my ConvertAllWavFiles.exe or wav2lipsync? Can you attach your wav2lipsync.exe and ConvertAllWavFiles.exe so I can check if my files are at fault?
blob1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2018 15:45 Edited at: 25th Nov 2018 15:52
I slowed down a video that I recorded of opening the ConvertAllWAVFiles.exe and I got a picture of the wav2lipsync.exe being open and showing something and it tells some things about the SAPI 5.1 (speech SDK) thing. I'm going to put a picture of it, it's kinda blurry and transparent but it's readable.

I got the Speech SDK so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2018 16:36
Blob1
Quote: "Can you attach your wav2lipsync.exe and ConvertAllWavFiles.exe so I can check"

No, I can't do that. Even though they are free now, without given permission from TGC I can not re-distribute them.
They come free with Black Ice, try re-installing first ???
Have you seen this posting on just this type of problem ? https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/173100
Are you .wav files with no spaces in the file name ??? The picture is very blurry, it looks like the file name has "spaces"
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
blob1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2018 08:03
Yes, I've seen that post, that's where I found out about the speech SDK. My voices have no spaces in the names. The filenames are sound.wav (recorded with the recorder and the one in the picture) and sound2.wav (made in Audacity). I did reinstall Black Ice Mod yesterday because every time I tested my game it was stuck on "Begin universe lighting" and it fixed it but I haven't tried the darkvoices thing yet. I will try it when I will get on my computer.
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Try to run "ConvertAllWAVFiles.exe" as Administrator (Right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator")
blob1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2018 15:28
Tried using the Converter again after the reinstall but still nothing.

KingMassen wrote: "Try to run "ConvertAllWAVFiles.exe" as Administrator"

Still nothing.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2018 20:04
@ blob1 Since the .wav files are your own, can you zip them up and attach here ??? I'll try with my converter
and see if they also crash If not then we know for sure it's on your side.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:36:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:36:10