Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Anyone intrested in trying the painter and mapper of goork on android?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2018 17:14 Edited at: 9th Dec 2018 20:33

uploading a first beta to test out the framework now on android.
its not a game but you can jump and run and kill stuff more or less as its neaded to try the mapper.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 27th Nov 2018 21:12 Edited at: 27th Nov 2018 21:30
Looks good, but this style or game programming may come to me again soon

But after saying that - i seem to be really enjoying past movies that are Commidore/ NES/ Spectrum orientanted programming

Here is an example of how one would do some sprite optimizations for NES console stuff

Quiet remarkable how they did such things in those days

Keep up with the good work though and do what you need to do to make you keep going

anyone remeber this little tiger
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2018 22:59
Its funny you showed that nes game as i promoted it in the indi group for that dev

I more or less dont have time for complex 3d games right now.

2d games takes less time and iam in a retro groove lately

I feelt i neaded to get back in to the roots of game development with some classic 2d games.
Iam on and off to much with programming..

But i have a plan with this also as the modding is a experiment for my voxel shooters modding also.
Feelt simplier to make a smaller scaled down game to test it on.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 3rd Dec 2018 20:42
It looks really good from the video il have to try on my tablet sometimes as for developing I only have
a small screen on my phone which I usually use for AGK

Quote: "I more or less dont have time for complex 3d games right now."

Depends on the game really 2D games can take allot of time and skill to produce and then there are games in 3D
Which can be quite simple to produce ie my "Jousting eggs" and the individual games in "Carnival Games" . You
Spend allot of time perfecting your projects and that really shows I dont think there would be allot of difference
between 3D and 2D devlopment tho

The main thing that holds me back on 3D development is
1>3D can be a pain just to place an object at a location as I dont have a tool that can set up a 3D scene
2>Its allot harder to create textured models and requires greater skill than juist 2D alone and find myself purchasing more
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2018 21:15
I just tried it on mobile Cliff. It's very nice. I think it would be more fun if I could initiate the attack instead of the little person doing it automatically. Not a major thing just never played a game where control over something like that is removed from the player (other than a few mobile shmups I've tested).

Didn't notice any map editor to try out.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2018 22:04
I want to see it for the OUYA, no kidding. Looks great. And could be fun on a micro-console at the big TV. Maybe you also publish it on AndroidTV and have gamepad / controller support for the editor.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2018 23:06
Thanks everyone iam working on the next update for this sunday and here is wath i have managed so far.

Made alot of things more clear and adding a basic boss section.
Fixing alot of bugs.
I will see if i could add in some control variations and the auto attack is more or less that a small mobile screen would get full of buttons with to many on screen controls.
I have plans for gamepad support so not that far from a ouya or android tv game
I am only on vacation this week from the freelance work so i will try to put in as much as possible.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2018 03:19
I've said it before and i'll say it again; That is one sexy game!
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 5th Dec 2018 07:09
Yeah I agree - reminds me a little bit of Dizzy's franchise - ooooh do I see a Dizzy coming after Rockman!
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2018 20:32
Thanks everyone for the feedback...

Latest update is up on itch io…
being processed on goggle play.

check for version 0.020 computers and 0.20 on android.

I might have messed up a update on goggle play the last time with it not being published?

So this is a large update compared to it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:55:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:55:23