Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [SOLVED] The problem creating and EXE file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2018 15:46
Hello there Dark basic pro experts and loyal fans! I'm coming today to ask about an issue that has been torturing me some time ago, I'm developing a game on DBP but there is always this problem, compile everything without any trouble, then to create my EXE file with F5, not special trouble at first glance, but later, after several times of compiling and creating the EXE file, there's no error on the compiling and the EXE file is created, but after a few seconds, the EXE file closes itself without running the application correctly, then, suddenly dissapears. I read other threats about similar issues and tried everything, from changing Administration permission on my files, deleting TEMP files and by now the only solution I've found is to restart my PC, then I can create the EXE file again without problem, until this cycle repeats again and again.
I'm taking my personal project one step further to create a professional sellable game but, sincerely I'm worried if this is a common issue that happens on any computer after a few times, this issue will make the game unsellable though.

Checking the XML file displayed during the issue, I could read this.

-<ProblemSignatures> <EventType>APPCRASH</EventType> <Parameter0>Application.exe</Parameter0> <Parameter1>1.0.0.0</Parameter1> <Parameter2>59342dbc</Parameter2> <Parameter3>ntdll.dll</Parameter3> <Parameter4>6.1.7601.18247</Parameter4> <Parameter5>521ea8e7</Parameter5> <Parameter6>c00000fd</Parameter6> <Parameter7>0003a74b</Parameter7> </ProblemSignatures> -<DynamicSignatures> <Parameter1>6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3</Parameter1> <Parameter2>2058</Parameter2> <Parameter22>86d8</Parameter22> <Parameter23>86d87081ee116e1f4f8976a0b6ae38b6</Parameter23> <Parameter24>c68a</Parameter24> <Parameter25>c68a70cb090f6cdd57994e80a661af2e</Parameter25> </DynamicSignatures> -

Thanks for your help.
Be Incidental...

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2018 17:50
1. If this problem is preventing you from compiling the program you can try adding exclusions in Windows Defender and your antivirus for the Dark Basic Professional folder and if needed where ever you are compiling the program to. Windows Defender can and does interfere with the compiling process for many people.

2. If you are doing some next level stuff then perhaps the program you are creating is not closing correctly. Be sure the exe file is not in use before compiling as this can also affect your ability to compile the program.

Mage's Modular Code - Get awesome UI controls and powerful Bitmap Fonts!
Screen Device Recovery - Stop your apps from crashing when minimized/tabbed/screen locked.
CPU Friendly Frame Limiter - Make your app generate less computer heat + noise, and use less battery life!
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 26th Nov 2018 22:41
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
If you use some plugins for physics - try to clear all data before closing exe.
So if you exit by ESC button - set whole memory empty after pressing it.Flush video memory.
Its can works especially for plugin data (collision mesh and other hidden stuff in memory ) and also for DBPro data.
Dark Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2018 10:37
Thanks for your help you guys, after many details i could finally get my EXE files keep running on non stop, by doing a simple trick, to disable the ESC key function. then I did a clean up to my dba project code by getting rid of unused code lines, and wrote a very simple END GAME interphase function, then everything works better now.
Be Incidental...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:22:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:22:22