Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / [SOLVED] Will we see updated android instrucrions?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2018 07:18 Edited at: 1st Dec 2018 16:40
As it stands with the current android instructions some of the files are out of date and the reader will have to trawl the Internet for these files.

Also why are we not using the upto date android targets but obsolete ones like 2.3.1 which even Google don't want iirc they want 4 and up now?
https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/target-sdk#prelollipop

I have the download version of AGK2 and there is no 'IDE' folder and the 'Editor' folder doesnt contain the relevant required files either which is a pain.

Will TGC put up an official "how to release on android" document?

Or if anyone has a concrete way to get a game to compile to android please let me know as I would love to get Star Rogue on android other than via AGKMobile which doesnt compile an APK :/
-EdzUp

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2018 16:47
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I didnt know that AGK2 can generate APK's never ever noticed that one, maybe put it in the docs
-EdzUp
tboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2018 12:28
I always thought File > Export Project worked
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2018 12:36
yeah didn't see that one just got on with coding instead of playing with the tools lol
-EdzUp

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:57:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:57:51