Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GetCloudDataAllowed() Returning -2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2018 12:44 Edited at: 8th Dec 2018 12:44
Hi

Does anyone know if there's any other reasons for GetCloudDataAllowed() returning -2 that's not listed in the help pages? Here's what's in the help pages:

Returns -2 if the user is not logged in or the device does not have iCloud or Google Drive.

I've been testing and setting this up using AppGameKit Player and it's been working fine, but when I installed the same app as a seperate APK file it's returning -2 after SetupCloudData() is called. In the AppGameKit Player I'm not asked which Cloud account I want to use it just happens, saves and works (unless of course the AppGameKit Player doesn't actually use your Cloud account and is instead just saving it locally.

In the APK version installed it prompts me with a list of my Google accounts to use and when I pick one the window closes and then -2 is returned. I have Google Drive installed and it's logged into one of the email address I picked.

With all of the testing I did in the AppGameKit Player I thought it was pretty much ok, but now it looks like I have to possibly remove the Cloud saving feature from the app now.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2018 10:56
Has no one used the cloud features yet?

TGC, are you able to comment please as it's relatively new?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2018 21:52
I've rewritten the cloud data commands on Android for the next version, however we are finding them to be very temperamental and prone to failure without explanation, so if it doesn't work in the next version we may have to abandon them.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2018 22:39
Thank you Paul. I'll try them again in the next version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:16:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:16:49