Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2018.12.12

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 14:29
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

* Fixed cloud data commands on Android sometimes failing to connect to Google Drive
* Fixed iOS export with a blank Universal Link field causing the IDE to crash
* Fixed retina display on Mac causing AppGameKit apps to render in the lower left corner of the window
* Fixed IPAs exported from the IDE causing errors about transparent icons during upload to iTunesConnect
* Fixed warning about iOS spash screen being stretched when it was actually fine
* Increased Android keystore generator certificate validity from 10,000 days to 20,000 days for Google Play store changes
* Fixed crash when loading a Spirter file that contains an image without a bone parent
* Added support for animated GIF images with the LoadImage command
* Added GetRawJoystickName to return the OS assigned name for a joystick on Windows and Linux
* Fixed Amazon IAP causing a crash at startup
* Added PlayYoutubeVideo for iOS and Android to play the video in a popup, desktop platforms will open the browser to play it
* Added ShareFile command for iOs and Android

Let me know if you have any problems
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 16:25
Great, thanks Paul.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 18:20
Thank you. I love the monthly updates!
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 18:30 Edited at: 12th Dec 2018 18:32
Thank you

Could you at all possible have this as a New Project starter code at all

But this is my preference as I use screenwidth and screenheight through out my apps and it maybe helpful

And i tried to make a YouTube Playing DLL Plug in with no success, so a great update here...
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 19:43
Happy to see another update, especially GetRawJoystickName and the animated GIF loading is nice, too.
Thanks!

puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 19:55
Wow - awesome - thanks.... im nt bald yet!
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 20:12
@Paul

Thank you for the update, using the Pi version here, a great educational product.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 23:45 Edited at: 13th Dec 2018 00:12
Paul, unfortunately it doesn't look like the Android Cloud feature has changed at all. It still shows the choose the google account window and then returns -2 after selecting one. It could just be my device. I only have the one Android device to test with.

iOS works fine. If you do remove it in the future because you can't get it to work properly are you going to remove it for both Android and iOS or just Android? Just wondering if it's worth including in my app and have the code filtered for iOS only. I don't want to do that if it's likely to be removed completely in a near future release
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2018 00:18
The commands won't be removed, we rarely if ever do that, they will just be left as is
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2018 20:41
ShaeFile()! Fantastic.
Thanks heaps. Great work
Riusz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul !

ShareFile is cool, but someone know : if a file is shared by an AppGameKit application, how to accept the shared file ?
Someone have try and know the code (if it's possible) ?
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 16th Dec 2018 07:17
Thankyou Paul
fubar
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2018 08:22
@Riusz, I've not tried ShareFile but I assume it's exactly like ShareImage but for any filetype/extension. The example says that one way it can be shared is by attaching it to an email. So that would be one way the recipient could receive it and they wouldn't need to know your code.

What they do with it really depends on what you're sharing.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2018 23:24
Quote: "* Fixed crash when loading a Spirter file that contains an image without a bone parent
* Added support for animated GIF images with the LoadImage command
* Added PlayYoutubeVideo for iOS and Android to play the video in a popup, desktop platforms will open the browser to play it
"

It's happy holidays.

Thanks for this.
Sh4xx
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2018 15:22
Quote: "* Increased Android keystore generator certificate validity from 10,000 days to 20,000 days for Google Play store changes"

Should I generate the keystore again? I will not have problems when uploading the new APK to the Store? The generated keys will be different !!
What should I do?

Quote: "* Added GetRawJoystickName to return the OS assigned name for a joystick on Windows and Linux"

Thanks, I'm starting to use it! Works.
I must try on Raspberry pi3.
In Android it always returns empty ...

"XInput Device" is the controller of xbox 360 controls always? True? It does not work getting the POV the digital cross!!

Quote: "* Added PlayYoutubeVideo for iOS and Android to play the video in a popup, desktop platforms will open the browser to play it
* Added ShareFile command for iOs and Android"

Very interesting...
Mikel
Years of Service
User Offline
I have tried the GIF option and it looks great.
However I have problems with Playvideo.
I attach the code that worked in my Trial Version (working) and that of the Premium Version (it does not look more than the sound of the video)
Go!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2018 10:45
It's tin Mikel,
to me if it works well, the sample code that brings:
AGK2\Projects\Video\VideoPlayback

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mikel
Years of Service
User Offline
AliceSim1:
You are right, but plz try to execute the code that i attached to my post.....
Go!
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lovely to be getting these updates!

Long shot, but does the animated gif enable you to have a spinning loading icon (ie background type processing).
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2018 19:46
On MacOS Mojave the editor is noticeably more laggy than the previous version. Scrolling up and down though source code and highlighting blocks of code are no longer smooth like previous versions.
appymedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "On MacOS Mojave the editor is noticeably more laggy than the previous version. Scrolling up and down though source code and highlighting blocks of code are no longer smooth like previous versions."

See the same here re the scrolling, text is really blurry as well, AppGameKit is basically unusable on Mac at the mo
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2018 20:26
If you copy the two Geany files from an older version of AppGameKit into this version then the IDE works at the normal speed again.
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2018 20:29
@Paul

There is a bug in 2018-12-12 on MacOS.

GetDeviceWidth() - Returns retina resolution whereas in previous versions it was returning the none retina resolution
GetDeviceHeight() - Returns retina resolution whereas in previous versions it was returning the none retina resolution

GetMaxDeviceWidth() - Returns none retina resolution ( same as before )
GetMaxDeviceHeight() - Returns none retina resolution ( same as before )
AFA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2018 16:44
@Paul

First of all: Thanks for your steady work and the continuous updates.

Is it possible, when drawing things to the backbuffer, the DrawLine and the DrawBox command work perfect together, but not the DrawText command?
What I mean by this is, it's no problem to draw lines above the drawn box, but drawn text upon the previously drawn box is invisible.

At present I manage this by setting the desired color with the combination of SetClearColor and ClearScreen
or
in case I need to draw a picture while the program is already running and I'm to lazy to hide all the sprites and texts etc. I use a simple sprite with a 0-Image with a depth laying above all other stuff and draw upon this.
appymedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you copy the two Geany files from an older version of AppGameKit into this version then the IDE works at the normal speed again."

@Qube_ Many thanks, will try this out when I get a second Hopefully it will cure the blurry fonts as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:20:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:20:32