Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / AGK Steam Android compile problems.

Author
Message
Bloodwire
3
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 26th Dec 2015
Location:
Posted: 15th Dec 2018 00:19
This used to work a while back. I have tried contacting AppGameKit support, but so far they've been unresponsive. At some point I suspect they broke the AppGameKit export to Android, at least now it isn't working. Here is what I do to reproduce the problem:
- Make a new project Test (screenshot 1)
- Compile and test that it works.
- Choose Export Android and fill out the from (screenshot 2)
- Generate the APK and put it on a web-server at home, where I can download it to my phone.
- Go to the web-server using my Chrome browser on my Huawei P20 pro and download the APK.
- Select install (screenshot 3)
- Get the message that install failed, no other explaination (Screenshot 4)

And help or pointers to resolve this would be appreciated. I have been making apk's for my projects earlier using this exact method, but suddenly (about a month or so ago) it just stopped working. It's not the phone, because I get the same problem when installing on my pads, and older apps that I installed using the same methods still work on my phone.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
blink0k
AGK Developer
Gold Codemaster
6
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 22nd Feb 2013
Location: the land of oz
Posted: 16th Dec 2018 18:53
It works fine on my sony phone. The first thing i would do is completely uninstall agk (Including deleting the directory in Program Files (x86)) and then reinstall.
If that doesn't work maybe install an older version and see if that works
TomToad
1
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 6th Jan 2018
Location:
Posted: 30th Dec 2018 12:00
Maybe the web server you are using has changed and is corrupting the apk? I recently compiled an android app and sent it to my phone via Google drive and it worked fine.

If you wish to give it a try, you can download it from
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VG_EAaM3ptfJSPSLiyOCfYOzZIUIcOok/view?usp=drivesdk
That was compiled with the latest AppGameKit version.
Bloodwire
3
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 26th Dec 2015
Location:
Posted: 31st Dec 2018 14:52
I have deleted and reinstalled AGK. I also deleted the data files in my profile folder, that wasn't automatically deleted when I used uninstall. I am using the Steam version of AppGameKit, so I can't downgrade it and it automatically upgrades to the latest version.
Bloodwire
3
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 26th Dec 2015
Location:
Posted: 2nd Jan 2019 22:47
After spending way to much time on this problem I think I have found the solution. What ruined things was the simple fact that I was compiling the .apk to a network shared disk. It's a samba shared disk which I use for a lot of things and usually there is no problems with this, but apparently the compile function somehow manages to mangle the apk, maybe there is a file lock, race-condition or something like that. Network disks are slower and if the compile sessions started something before completely writing previous stage it could result in a bad apk. Anyway, when I pointed the apk destination to my SSD, this and the rest of my projects compiles and runs without problems on my phone and pads.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-03-21 00:47:05
Your offset time is: 2019-03-21 00:47:05