Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] What's the command or fix again for the 1 pixel inaccuracy for a texture? I'm getting a transparent single pixel line sometimes and suspect it's due to this single pixel thing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've gone through my code, but doubt it is due to spacing of the objects themselves. They're 4.0,4.0 sized planes and they are spaced 4.0 units, so this works in terms of placement.
I have also checked the texture and the pixel line is actually outside of the texture (it's a larger texture where I'm using UVoffset information to show the correct texture, like how someone used it for animations on this forum too.).

Any ideas what I should be looking for? I do remember the manual mentioning something about a wrapping issue or 1 pixel texture issue, but can't find it anymore.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2018 19:21
Does your virtual window size match your physical window size?
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Dec 2018 19:25
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Try looking at

SetImageMagFilter(image,0)
SetImageMinFilter(image,0)

PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks blink0k yes, they were the same.

Using puzzler2018 his solution worked. Weird thing is... I did also set SetDefaultMinFilter(0) and
SetDefaultMagFilter(0) however I guess that didn't work as it was placed after loading my images.

Thanks guys!!

I did notice that sometimes I still see the occasional glitch of a 1 pixel line issue, however it's a world a difference and good enough for me.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 19th Dec 2018 19:45
Your welcome - I was scratching my head for weeks on this with blurring on minecraft. This resolved it
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I have to match the camera movement with the tile size to get rid of the other issue.
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Your welcome - I was scratching my head for weeks on this with blurring on minecraft. This resolved it"

Yeah I'm a bit surprised the blur effect on textures is this strong when not using 'nearest' for filtering.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:01:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:01:47