Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / ARCore (Augmented Reality) not detected on compatible Android device(s)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Have a friend who has a Samsung Note9 and is unable to use any of the AppGameKit AR commands because ARGetStatus() still returns "AR Not Available". ARCore is installed on the device (by default) and other non-AGK apps that utilize it work just fine.

It is my understanding that all of these devices should be working yet however AppGameKit is handling the AR check is failing on newer devices. Tested with latest AppGameKit build and AppGameKit Player.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2019 16:40
I've updated the ARCore library we are using which may improve the device support. I've attached a new player so you can test it

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2019 20:43 Edited at: 4th Jan 2019 21:21
Haven't tried the APK yet, but I've noticed that when I ran the AR demo just now for the first time since a while, on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, it appeared as if didn't work:
Gave black background screen with controls over it and some text, nothing else.

However when I ran it the 2nd time after couple mins then it all went fine and kept working fine even after closing and restarting AGK.
Perhaps android still needs to install some AR-Core related stuff, as I believe they updated it a while ago?

[EDIT]
Just checked on my phone under settings>apps
select from top left menu: show system apps
Then it shows ARCore> version 1.6.181112096

Android version is: 8.0.0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:00:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:00:48