Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Problems with the Share commands,,,

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2019 00:22 Edited at: 5th Jan 2019 00:49
I've been updating some of my older releases, and one of the areas which needed updating was the share buttons as I know a lot of the Facebook commands no longer work, and I wanted to try the new ShareImageAndText() command but I seem to have run into a couple of snags.

1) When posting to Facebook, only the image is shared, which isn't great but I think is something to do with Facebook rather than AppGameKit, is there any way to make it so that the Text is shared in preference to the image? (Don't worry, I half expect this to be not possible, but it would make it much more useable. The image and text seems to work on DIscord ok, but I've not had chance to test other platforms because...

2) When I choose share to Facebook, it ALWAYS uses facebook, even after hard closing the player (not tried this in an APK yet), I'm pretty sure this is not the desired behaviour.

Has anyone else had the same issues? Especially the 2nd one

Thanks in advance

=PRoF=

>Edit<
The above is regarding Android. I just tested the code on an iPhone also using the player and issue #2 doesn't happen.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2019 14:41
1) It seems Facebook ignore the text in the Android Intent, it looks like they are trying to push people to use the Facebook SDK instead, which is a shame as Android Intents are a much nicer solution.

2) Thanks, I've fixed this for the next version. It will now always ask you to choose an app even if there is a default app
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2019 15:46
@Paul Johnston:
Thanks, that's great. Any chance AppGameKit will move over to the Facebook SDK in the not too distant future?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2019 22:50
It already has it, you can use FacebookLogin to log the user in then FacebookPostOnMyWall to create a post
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2019 17:02
Ok Paul, That's cool. Although I think the reason I'm replacing the FacebookPostOnMyWall() command in the first place was because it doesn't work very well any more.

Not to worry, I'm sure I'll work round it

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:29:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:29:36