Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / want to transfer android app made on pc to ios

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I have been working on a game on my PC which I have only been able to release for android. Finally got my cert ID (Woot) but my game wasn't made with a mac template. Xcode's application loader doesn't recognize the ipa. Is there a way to change the template without losing pages and pages of code, or do I need to start from a mac template and copy and paste all my files? I just started using AppGameKit on the Mac and have never worked with a mac template. Any help with the matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Zach
One smart fellow, he felt smart. Two smart fellows, both felt smart. Three smart fellows all felt smart...
MillaSays
Years of Service
User Offline
Tier 1 (AGK Basic)?

If so, you just copy over the project from the PC to the Mac, and open the project in the Mac AppGameKit IDE. It should run just fine. However, there are some gotcha's with video-playback on Mac/iOS. Apart from that, you'll need a dev account with Apple to be able to generate a certificate that you need on the Mac key-chain - and download latest XCode which you'll need installed, and you need a provisioning profile to sign the app with. Once both those are downloaded, just export an IPA for iOS the same way you export an APK in the AppGameKit IDE and supply the different files and media (icons) it needs.

For upload to App-Store, you need the App-Uploader app on Mac (which I can't quite remember what is called), and when the IPA goes through, fill out details at the AppstoreConnect website. Once all is good to go, click 'Submit for Review' and await the inevitable rejection from Apple, and them asking you to change this, that and the other thing before resubmitting.
Vladimuffin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help. I guess there's an issue with my bundle identifier -_- I was reading about the Mac OS template and got scared. Ill see if I can make this work.
One smart fellow, he felt smart. Two smart fellows, both felt smart. Three smart fellows all felt smart...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:29:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:29:03