Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Last update and looking for modder

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2019 19:47 Edited at: 16th Jan 2019 19:49
Well it's been some time since I've posted on here.
Been very busy but feel we need to have a finale version of black ice mod.

It seems not many people around much these day so I think I'm calling it a day and nomad is thinking the same , so we looking at someone to take over the mod or make a new mod from the source.

So if you feel you want the source please post here and the reason you like it.

We do need trusted people to take over or use the source as the source will not be open source.

Thanks for your support and hope to hear from you all.

We are looking at making a finale black ice mod in the next few months .

Best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Jan 2019 02:29 Edited at: 17th Jan 2019 02:29
Can't blame you, bud. All 3 or 4 of us here appreciate your work.
I just want to say that BIM turned out to be even better than Riker 7 was supposed to be.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2019 11:31
Quote: "All 3 or 4 of us here appreciate your work "

Yes we do ! But really S4real, imo BIM is the best mod made. "calling it a day " is sad to hear but it's time.
The only person that I know of that I think might do it is Flatlander? He's still working on a project last time he posted (maybe?)
I really appreciate everything you & Nomad did, thanks guys
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks both of you.

It seems there nobody about apart from a few, shame as thought there might be more to reply.

This has def made me think if it is worth another update.

We just have to wait and see if more people reply.

Thanks s4real
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2019 16:21
Would love to see one final update to BIM. any thoughts on what you would add? do you still take donations?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2019 15:49 Edited at: 21st Jan 2019 15:50
You guys have done such an amazing work, keeping such a great engine alive all these years. Especially keeping the community alive.
Free Game Guru Assets: http://www.freetoronto.org/gameguru/index.html
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2019 00:46
Great to see you back here sreal

Sadly I think we lost a few more people whilst you've been away. Like Dr Strange said, we're in the end game now!

Hopefully FPSC and Black Ice can continue to be supported and I've certainly had a lot of fun with both. I'd also like to say thanks to all the people i've met along the way, especially those who helped me out and the few remaining hardcore enthusiasts!
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2019 00:11 Edited at: 25th Jan 2019 00:12
Just wanted to thank everyone for all the work they've put into FPSC - I'm sure there are many of us still building hobbyist projects and telling ourselves "someday I'll make a real game." Thanks to you all, the only limitation to making a "real game" in FPSC is ourselves. You have expanded the engine far beyond its original vision into a full-fledged game engine capable of producing projects that can hold up even today, especially since we have moved farther from "omg realistic graphix" and people are really digging "wow so style much unified."

It truly is an end of an era for this community, but not for FPS Creator. I will still be using it far beyond today, and I'm sure many will and many more will discover it over the years. Without Black Ice Mod, FPSC would have faded into total deprecation long ago.

So, thanks so much for your passion and dedication to such a wonderful product that brought me and many others so much joy over the years.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2019 22:08 Edited at: 6th Feb 2019 23:56
I had already asked Nomad If I could have the source code. He had said I need to ask you (s4real) which was the thing to do; but, I had written a couple of emails to you with no reply. So, I am asking again, if I could have the source code so that I can put some of my RPG Mod code inside it. I also could possibly do whatever updates are necessary. Thanks for considering me as a worthy recipient of your source code.

The reason why I haven't been participating in the forums is because of the fact I seemed to have been ignored. Perhaps I really wasn't but the most important thing for me was to be able to implement some of my RPG Mod code into your source code. Since that wasn't happening, I lost interest once again in FPSC.

Maybe we can get FPSC rolling again with "a little help from my friends."
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2019 11:18
Flatlander There you are, was hoping you would see this thread Your one of the members that knows this code inside and out best.
Some added RPG commands would be a great idea. Thank you for considering to take over
Quote: " I seemed to have been ignored"

Na.. I couldn't do that There's just so few of us left here, it only looks that way.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Feb 2019 13:03
Hey FL. Glad to see you.

I think ( therefore I... I... forget) that the younger crowd has always been more interested in graphics than in role playing, but I agree that you would be a great "keeper of the code".
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@flatlander sorry I haven't got back to you as I have been busy with real life and have not checked these forums or my email link to this forum as much as I should.

I will sort out with nomad to getting the source to you so you can carry on with the mod. There are a few plugins needed to compile the source but I'm hoping that nomad can make this a simple install like the Dev kit.

Thanks for ya interested in the source .

You should hear from us soon once we sorted out the source for ya .

It's just a matter of time and catching nomad

All the best s4real
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2019 20:08 Edited at: 7th Feb 2019 20:10
Thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully, NoMad will contact me soon. I actually installed the devkit in preparation for the source and additional plugins.

My email address has changed, so if you tried to get ahold of me prior to this post, I wouldn't have gotten it. I updated my profile so clicking on "Email" will have the right address now.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2019 22:12
Super sweet Flatlander! I t would be great to have rpg mod included. That would be something ncmako and i could use in our games.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2019 23:26
There are some things already in BIM that can be utilized in making RPG Mod easier to use. There is an incredible amount of commands both conditions and actions. I still think that FPSC with BIM can make great educational games and demonstrations.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2019 17:13
Hi Flatlander

I just caught up with s4real. Great to be handing over black ice mod to such an experienced and helpful person.

I'll start packaging the source so it can be added to the FPSC devkit. If i don't get it done today I'll have it ready by next weekend for sure.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2019 00:58
Hey Nomad

Let me know by email when your done and ready with the packaging and ready for me to download the updated FPSC devkit.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2019 13:35
Hi Flatlander

I've now sent you the details for Black Ice Mod source code on email. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks again for supporting this project so it can continue being developed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:02:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:02:24