Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Does AGK have some kind of cache that can make it load old files ?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 26th Jan 2019 11:40 Edited at: 26th Jan 2019 11:41
CACHE?

Its as if there is some cache somewhere because you can copy new files into your media directory and it still will load the old ones. nothing in the user
AGK directory.(users/username/appdata/local/AGKApps/appname) because ive tried deleting it

but just copying the media file to a new project with identical code and it will work.

I dont have anycode i can reproduce to show this problem as it isnt a regular problem but theres also a thread about it on showcase forum with someone
else who had similar problem and found going away from the computer and coming back and it was fixed.

I do know that with me i often share code with others and they may send back changes which i try so this may be one of the things that causes the problem
but the workaround is to copy all media to a new project with the same code
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2019 11:47
Im using windows 10 64 bit version and the latest steam version of AGK
fubar
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
This happens to me in debug mode. Any file I create in debug mode seems to be saved in a special debug folder that I haven't been able to locate. Very annoying.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2019 04:10
I been thinking that perhaps its Windows using virtual memory, but youd think restarting would clear that, but it may have been a problem
with windows itself maybe the latest update fixed that
fubar
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2019 04:40
I thought this exact same thing too until I figured out that AppGameKit doesn't save / load data to the same location between the IDE and release versions. It seemed to vary from some random private folder or documents folder while developing the game.

The solutions was :

1.. During development ALWAYS use a RAW path for loading / saving.
2.. On release remove the RAW path and then it'll load / save from the same place.

Never had an issue since, so that was the solution for me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 01:35:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 01:35:02