Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / [SOLVED] AppGameKit Tier 2 Incorrectly Creating Sprites from Images

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello- if I use the LoadSprite() function in the Tier 1 editor on a 64 x 64 PNG file, the sprite is created correctly. But if I use this function in Tier 2 (Visual Studio 2017, Windows 10) I end up with a sprite that is 64 x 42 (and the graphic has been shrunk, not clipped). If instead I do LoadImage() and then CreateSprite() from that image, the debugger tells me that the image object is 64 x 64 but I still end up with a 64 x 42 sprite. If I create a memblock by hand, create an image from the memblock, and then create a sprite, the sprite is correct at 64 x 64. Has anyone seen similar behavior, and if so, how can it be corrected?
Goo Goo G\'Joob!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2019 21:14 Edited at: 18th Feb 2019 21:16
Can you post some code?
Eqqman
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Found the issue by accident (and after spending a day writing code to import BMP files to make memblocks by hand). If I create sprites and then invoke agk::SetVirtualResolution, these sprites become distorted, but any sprites created after agk::SetVirtualResolution are fine.

This does leave me wondering what will happen on a mobile device to my sprites if I allow the orientation of the device to change...
Goo Goo G\'Joob!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:06:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:06:30