Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / [SOLVED] Android Studio does not compile template_android_google

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello-

Wanting to test out my code on my Android device I got Android Studio up and running and followed the directions on the Android Studio PDF. There are a bunch of errors that Android Studio offers to auto-correct for you, as the tutorial indicates might happen. However, at the stage where the tutorial says "this time, the build should succeed", the build does not succeed. I get several errors (see attachment) that I have no idea how to address. What steps do I need to move forward? I'm running Windows 10 and the version of Android Studio is 3.31.
Goo Goo G\'Joob!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Eqqman
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
After some back-and-forth with the developers (thank you all!) and some Internet research I finally resolved this problem. Versions of Android Studio starting at least in 3.3.0 are going to start complaining that the AppGameKit project has too many modules declared. You can try to fix this by enabling multidex (which for me, gave me something that compiled, but did not execute on a device) or by raising the minSDK level to 21 for the project as level 21 has built-in support for this issue.

The second problem I had after this is errors relating to the APK being split during installation, but this was solved by telling Android Studio to "Build->Clean Project" and "Build->Rebuild Project" (there may be a possibility you also have to "Generate Signed APK").
Goo Goo G\'Joob!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:18:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:18:12