Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / printImage on android not working again..

Author
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2019 15:41
I have downloaded the latest AppGameKit version, updated the player, Loading an image from android works well and I can see it inside the app.
PrintImage(ImgId, size) does not work .. it does open the print menu on windows so I know the button is working right but I cannot find the image in my gallery.
so I exported an Apk cause I thought maybe I need the permission to write to external data but again it doesn't work even with an installed APK so its the player fault...

what am I doing wrong?

the function is really simple:

if getSpriteHIT(X#,Y#) = saveButton.id
printImage(drawRenderImg.id,100)
endif

does not seem to work ...
should I add anything else to it? since the example in the tutorials shows the same... there's nothing much to it I guess but it's not working.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2019 14:43
It may be that the latest versions of Android require permissions to write to the external folders, which is what PrintImage tries to do. You could try adding the following code before using PrintImage

Alternatively the ShareImage command might be a good replacement.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2019 11:48
roger that trying now.
Thanks PAUL!
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2019 12:18
Cool, its working thanks, Paul.
is there a document on the new permission demands and how it can affect us, developers?
and what about Ios?
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2019 14:45
btw,
when I asked for permission using broadcast to my android, once I accepted the permission on my phone the app exited and return to the main phone screen...
when I used it with export as an APK installed on my phone it was fine... so just letting you know Paul.
Btw is there a way to change the folder name in the gallery where the images are saved?
so every drawing app I'll have will have its unique Folder Name. ? is that possible?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:40:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:40:22