Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is there a Multiplayer plugin for Tier1?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2019 15:17
Is there?
can I use it?
can I buy it?

I personally think that if we will have a decent plugin for Tier1 that we can use with some sort of servers.
it will benefit AppGameKit Studio when it comes out...
cause building a server I guess it's not that hard but using it in a "Well-Done" fashion from AppGameKit tier 1 both on Android and Ios or Windows and Mac could be a bit of a problem as it will take a lot of time to master... even for an experienced developer...

is that in the plan for future features?
maybe someone in the forum already done something like this and won't mind sharing or even selling I know I will buy if it will be decent with updates as we go on...

fyi
People in Israel are looking into AppGameKit after I published 2 decent apps, I work at a gaming company we use Javascript with all kind of libs to build games and now my manager is kinda into AppGameKit he actually wants to buy or advertise my game using a publicity company...
and I really think that a multiplayer plugin like there are on Unity will benefit all of us both Developers and Gamers and of course TGC.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2019 19:06
https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/examples/multiplayer/0_getting_started.htm
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2019 20:41 Edited at: 26th Feb 2019 20:42
You probably mean something like the Unity Network Manager which has a nice Network Lobby or the Photon enginge(PUN) right?

In AppGameKit we're equipped with basic similar features, albeit most of the work has to be done by yourself. I was making an universal lobby system, due to circumstances wasn't able to do much work on it for last 3 quarters of the year, but this is still a work in progress, not fit for publication yet though and might take a while too.

(see also: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221892 )

The idea is that one would select which host method is preferred: dedicated server , other player over the internet(WAN) or on the (W)LAN and enter/select the appropriate data in one generic interface. If in peer2peer mode I'd then like it to auto-reconnect when the player who was host leaves/disconnects and then makes the next player(client) in line (with lowest ping) to become the new host. But very much a WIP as said. (I have too many things going at once ).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:58:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:58:59