Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Just a small suggestion

Author
User Banned
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 21:22
Could it be that AGKS will hold our credentials to TheGameCreators.com site? why?
Cause if so... when a new version will come out we will get notified when AGKS starts... maybe even try to convince us to download it
but not only that... what if there will be an update on the assetsPack? shaderPack? or any other assets we already purchased and now get a new update... I would love to know if the products I bought got an update and I would love to know that directly from the ide rather then to find out that there was an update... if lets say I did not open the site or my email... and was just focusing on something else.. because you know .. life..
Can I get a + 1 for this?
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 21:23
Nice idea +1000
Tier 1 Developer
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 21:24
I imagine it will be available on Steam, like the Current AppGameKit (Or should I say AppGameKit Classic now?) and as such updates will be installed automatically just like they are now.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 21:25
I bet TGC has their heads running round in circles trying to keep up to date with all these little ideas. Im sure will have taken note and one day... One day at a time, programming is tough as we all know
Tier 1 Developer
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 5th Mar 2019 12:03 Edited at: 5th Mar 2019 12:05
I did not purchased from steam.
I purchased from the main site.
I do not get automated updates i always have to download from the site.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2019 12:07
That's always been a problem with AppGameKit classic if you bought from the TGC site like I did. I only know of updates when they're mentioned on the forums. I suspect not everyone is a member here on the forums, or visit it regularly enough so are most likely missing out on the latest versions
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2019 12:13
Just to add to this. I DO NOT want auto updates, but knowing that they exist would be nice. The reason why I don't want the auto update to happen is because if it updates and overwrites the current version of AppGameKit and the newest version breaks your app you're stuck for at least a month until the next version is released with a fix.

I do not update every version, and when I do update I keep the different versions seperate so I still have access to an old working one if the new one is broken. It's easy to do this on the Mac, don't really use the Windows version to know if it's also easy on Windows.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2019 12:45
You could do that with steam version also, anytime it updates, immediately make a copy. When the live version next updates, the copy won't and it becomes the previous version.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 10th Apr 2019 15:05
this is the exact reason why I do not use steam for this.
Actually, I have a lot of copies of AppGameKit installers. so I can always fall back one update or two if something is wrong with my projects and even the ability to run my projects on different versions of AppGameKit .
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2019 18:20
Yeah portable for the win
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:23:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:23:55