Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Appgamekit studio is wonderful

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 09:16
I have pre-ordered my steam version and tested the current alpha
I think its great but really didn't get to appreciate the IDE until I got around to going through all the videos
I put off going through the videos because i find anything like that its hard to see the code, but even if you
dont manage to see the code its amazing to see just how powerful the IDE is Some fantastic debugging options
media control etc just thinks its great and altho it works out to be expensive in Aus i think its well worth the expense
just for the additions in the IDE and am looking forward to playing with the vulkan engine when that becomes a
part of it.

Thumbs up to Preben, Paul and anyone else responsible for the creation of AppGameKit STUDIO.
fubar
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 09:44
I am looking very much forward to trying out AGKS I am also excited about the Vulkan option I am so glad that Linux is on the table again as I use Linux on the computers I haul along to events, and I also plan to release my games for Linux at some point
13/0
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 15:30
I agree completely. As much as I have some reservations, the IDE is really nice and the test I used (was 1 of the lucky 100) it eas very good. You can zoom the code view as well, and all windows can be dragged and repositioned. Is also like to point out that Preben was extremely fast and generous with his time working on early comments and feedback.

And the realtime debugging......is so worth the money alone!!!!
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 15:44
Ya! I'm liking AKGS a lot.
Imaginations' greatest gift is the knowledge you supply it.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 16:13
Agreed

+1

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Hubert BAYRE
Years of Service
User Offline